cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

porting of old phone number

rgess88
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

my old phone number has not properly ported to puplic mobile . missing old pin number to port

9 REPLIES 9

@rgess88  Speakout does not use account numbers so that is why you need to provide you PIN or IMEI to complete the port.

To submit a ticket to Public Mobile do the following: PMST.png

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@rgess88 wrote:

yes from speak out

Read my post on how I port my Speakout number to PM in 4 hours without moderator help.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Porting-number-from-Speakout-Apply-al...

Your port is stuck now.  Read my phone and provide moderator that used to moderator.

Create a moderator support ticket using the ? button at the right side bottom corner of this page. 
Type "contact human" one or more times. SIMon will eventually show you the "Submit a ticket" button. Click on submit button to get the create ticket screen.

Moderator wait time is up to 2 days.

rgess88

I did give the account nuber, but speal out also has a pin nuber that I did not provide

rgess88

yes from speak out

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You only need your present account number to port to PM or any other carrier. Never heard of a PIN being needed before.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@rgess88  Are you porting from Speakout? That is the only provider that requires a PIN to port for all other providers best to use account number.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@rgess88 wrote:

my old phone number has not properly ported to puplic mobile . missing old pin number to port

Where are you porting from?  Porting can also take 2 to 4 hours to complete.

You shouldn't need a PIN to port, but you would need your old account number and keep that account active until the porting is completed.

ooakosiryan
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Sorry to hear you are having issues porting.

You'll need to submit a ticket for Moderator assistance. You can click on the question mark in the bottom right and enter some words about your issue until it lets you create a ticket.

I'm not sure what you're referring to when you say missing old pin. Porting doesn't require a pin. You just need the account number.

Good luck!

Lar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@rgess88  Are you saying you didn't  give PM the old account number and information needed to port over your number?  Could you explain in more detail, thanks

Need Help? Let's chat.