cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

porting number from virgin prepaid

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

I'm helping a friend port their number from virgin prepaid. Virgin says phone number is account number. Other than account holders name and phone number what else can we supply to be able to successfully port the phone number? Pm SIM is already active.

43 REPLIES 43

@LovesToPM  I will log in again maybe you can guide me to it....the blind leading the blind.

@darlicious wrote:

I have been given access to the account after they couldn't find account # and I can't find it either.

@LovesToPM  do you know where they hide it?

Bell brands used to hide it in the browser address bar when you log in. It wasn't labelled but was there.

@Master2000  I am very tempted the only thing I'm worried about is the account holder works long ours with very little time for phone calls especially to customer service....suddenly online only is making way more sense! So if the port gets stuck it could be a little dicey...still contemplating and looking for more comment before committing.

@darlicious Do you have your friend's VM login info?

One of you can login when it's back from maintenance, to get the account number.

I have been given access to the account after they couldn't find account # and I can't find it either.

@LovesToPM  do you know where they hide it?

Master2000
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I did the transfer last Sunday.

@Master2000 wrote:

Old account number: Phone number to be transfer without dash like 1112223333
ESN, IMEI, MEID number: Leave empty
PIN: PIN used to login in the Virgin self-service account.
Alternate phone number: First contact number in Virgin mobile self-service account.
After 2 to 5 hours, you will receive a text message on your phone indicating transfer has been completed.
In my case during next 24 hours some of my friends where getting "The number you have reached is not in service please check the number and try again."

Just wait.

@Master2000  I want to go with your suggestion but not quite confident with it. I just spent the last hour on their community. What a complete waste of time. Not only does anybody at all no anything the cusomer care just gives everyone the run around. People are aware of there are account numbers but getting yours is almost impossible. Having my friend call at 5am when they open to try and get a customer care agent apparently that's a nightmare too.... have to have the port complete by Tuesday 10pm.pt.

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious wrote:

I'm helping a friend port their number from virgin prepaid. Virgin says phone number is account number. Other than account holders name and phone number what else can we supply to be able to successfully port the phone number? Pm SIM is already active.

Lol. Phone number isn't the account number. Have friend call back. It might also be in Virgin prepaid self serve account. I've had Virgin and Solo prepaid. There is a real account number.

@Master2000 wrote:

I transfer 2 Virgin Prepaid to Public Mobile.
With a Prepaid Virgin mobile account there is no account number.

Prepaid Virgin is different than regular account.

Just follow what I wrote.

When did you do these transfers? Was it recent?

Master2000

I transfer 2 Virgin Prepaid to Public Mobile.
With a Prepaid Virgin mobile account there is no account number.

Prepaid Virgin is different than regular account.

Just follow what I wrote.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

The agent your friend spoke with was mistaken.

Virgin mobile prepaid account numbers are 9 digits.
If you give the phone number as account number, the port will fail.

Unfortunately I could not find the account number on VM prepaid account.

If Master2000, already successfully ported with account number = phone number, then I would go with that too.

p.s. I actually had a similar issue porting out of Lucky mobile. I was told the account number = phone number, but that port failed.
The Lucky account number was well hidden. I had to consult the original activation contract to find it.

Master2000

Old account number: Phone number to be transfer without dash like 1112223333

ESN, IMEI, MEID number: Leave empty

PIN: PIN used to login in the Virgin self-service account.

Alternate phone number: First contact number in Virgin mobile self-service account.

After 2 to 5 hours, you will receive a text message on your phone indicating transfer has been completed.

In my case during next 24 hours some of my friends where getting "The number you have reached is not in service please check the number and try again."

Just wait.

I started first transfer Saturday 26th at ~11PM.
Sunday at 12:15AM, I received SMS: Your transfer request has been completed successfully…
I was able to receive call from Bell, Hangouts, and voip.ms

I started second line transfer Sunday 27th at ~1AM.
At ~5AM, I received SMS: Your transfer request has been completed successfully…
I was able to receive call from Bell, Hangouts but not from voip.ms

Error with voip.ms: “The number you have reached is not in service please check the number and try again."

Had to wait until Monday 2AM to be able to receive call from voip.ms

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

if virgins says the tel number is teh account number then i would believe them.

probably best not to use pin or IMEI  for porting.  just mkae sure virgin account is active.

Need Help? Let's chat.