cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

porting in a number to existing PM account from Speakout

adueck
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This morning I attempted to port in a number to my existing PM account from my active Speakout account.  After about 4 hours I received a text on my PM account phone that says I need to "go to publicmobile.ca and click Contact Us and complete the SIM & Activation online form" to complete the request to move to Public Mobile.  This doesn't sound quite right because I already have a PM account and I also can't find the Contact Us on the website.  Can you help me out?

2 REPLIES 2

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@adueck wrote:

This morning I attempted to port in a number to my existing PM account from my active Speakout account.  After about 4 hours I received a text on my PM account phone that says I need to "go to publicmobile.ca and click Contact Us and complete the SIM & Activation online form" to complete the request to move to Public Mobile.  This doesn't sound quite right because I already have a PM account and I also can't find the Contact Us on the website.  Can you help me out?

Read my thread on how to port my Speakout number in 4 hours without moderator help.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Porting-number-from-Speakout-Apply-al...

Send a private message to with your Speakout info again.  Some PM members are saying account PIN IMEI is not neeed.  But I supplied them as I don't want moderator to ask for missing Speakout info.  Any moderator question will delay my port for another 2 days.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@adueck wrote:

@adueck That means that there is a problem with your port. Speakout as far as I know don't use account numbers so you need to supply the correct Speakout PIN number for the port to succeed. You need to contact the PM team and provide the correct info.

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

Need Help? Let's chat.