cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

porting a number from Bell

18kwonro
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Could anyone explain to me the steps of porting a number from Bell as I just got my publicmobile sim card in the mail. 

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Keep Bell account active..

Its somewhat recommended to open your public mobile account a select a new number at activation. DONT FORGET a referral code for $10 sign up bonus.

Once your account is created test if everything is working properly on your phone..calls/text/data.

Then log into your self serve account..and click "Change Number".

Screenshot_20191223_210328.jpg

Next page you'll have an option to transfer from another provider.

Screenshot_20200123_233222.jpg

Then you would enter all your Bell details that it asks for. Make sure everything is write exactly what is on your Bell account.

The port will start. Once completed Bell will be notified that you've moved your number and your account will be closed.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@18kwonro , my suggestion is to activate and get a new number as a first step.  Confirm that the new line is working and then proceed to port in your Bell number.  From within the self serve account, select change number and do the number transfer option.  Provide your Bell number, account number and name on account, check off that you are authorized to port, submit and sit back and wait up to 2 hours for the process to complete.  Here is an illustration of both the activation and number transfer process.  Number transfer is covered in step 4.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Start-Guide-Setup-Activation-Port-Dat...

Need Help? Let's chat.