Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

porting a TELUS number

GI2016
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

hello,

please share...

how long does it take to port a number from TELUS now?

more than a week?

is it better to use the self-serve porting feature or to contact a MOD and have them port it?

Thanks,

G

6 REPLIES 6

Happy for you @dhandel..it's not always like that!!!

dhandel
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I ported myTelus number to Public Mobile today.  It took ten minutes and I got an email from Telus confirming that I had left Telus.  Seamless experience.

fanfan
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have helped port over many of my friends, family, and coworkers phones on various carriers including Koodo, Telus, Chatr, etc.  It is usually almost instantaneous when porting from a prepaid account or when porting from the "same" company (Telus to Koodo, Fido to Chatr, etc). Post paid ports are also instant to 2 hours. Rarely have I needed to wait overnight. The key may be to use different email addresses and making sure you fill out as much porting info as possible (account number, pin, imei).

bgunning
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It took over 4 hours for my FIDO number to port, so you shouldn't give up hope too soon. My wife's BellAliant number ported in less than an hour

I came from Koodo, I chose a different e-mail adress, and picked a temporary number before Porting over my own number

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Porting, if it works properly, should only take a few minutes to an hour to complete.  If it takes much longer than that, there's likely an error.  For a Telus port, it's recommended to use a different e-mail address than the one on your Telus account.  You can easily do this yourself on the self-serve portal.  I advise to do it as a separate step from the activation (activate SIM, verify service works, then port number).

Need Help? Let's chat.