cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ported from Freedom yesterday - texting and incoming calls not working

frozenmelon
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

Ported in from Freedom Mobile yesterday for the new $15/month plan and have the following issues:

1) Incoming calls not working - was told it would not work for 1 hour. It has been 17 hours. Calls go directly to voicemail.

2) Text not working - I get a message that my plan does not include texting, which it does

3) Data not working - was told it would take a few days. I'll wait and see on this one. (Edit: now working!)

Outgoing calls are working at least (Edit:Checked again and outgoing calls are NOT working - get message that calls not included in my plan, which they are)

Please help. 

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

frozenmelon
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Changed APN settings as directed. No effect. Willl reach out to mods. Thanks!

Edit: oh wait data does work. It just took a few mins to connect!

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@frozenmelon wrote:

Hello,

Ported in from Freedom Mobile yesterday for the new $15/month plan and have the following issues:

1) Incoming calls not working - was told it would not work for 1 hour. It has been 17 hours. Calls go directly to voicemail.

Ports take from 30 minutes to 5 Hours. 17 hours is a long time maybe it's a stuck port. You need to contact the moderator click here. 

2) Text not working - I get a message that my plan does not include texting, which it does

You should be able to send texts out immediately. Sound like there is something wrong with your plan. Need to contact the moderator here.

3) Data not working - was told it would take a few days. I'll wait and see on this one.

Not true your data should work right away. Make sure you have the right APN settings:

These are the Public Mobile APN settings you need:

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Leave blank
Port: Leave blank
Username: Leave blank
Password: Leave blank
Server: Leave blank
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Leave blank
APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type: GID
MVNO value: 4D4F
Don't forget to save these settings and then select this APN as the active one.

Outgoing calls are working at least. Please help with 1 and 2. 

Thanks!

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@frozenmelon, you have a stuck port and some miscellaneous account issues.  You are going to need moderator team support to resolve them.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

Need Help? Let's chat.