cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone # transfer

andyzhangsl
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have requested Chatr phone # transferred to Public Mobile. After I activated PM sim card, I put both SIM cards in my phone and both are working with same phone number. Why?  However PM called me and left message that there is an issue for phone # transfer. I contacted moderator and no feedback. Can I just call Chatr to terminate with Chatr and that's it? Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

Melissa-H77
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If you messaged the moderators, it could take up to 48 hours to get a response. If your chatr account is still working I would just keep using it until the porting process is complete. 

@andyzhangsl wrote:

I have requested Chatr phone # transferred to Public Mobile. After I activated PM sim card, I put both SIM cards in my phone and both are working with same phone number. Why?  However PM called me and left message that there is an issue for phone # transfer. I contacted moderator and no feedback. Can I just call Chatr to terminate with Chatr and that's it? Thanks!

There's no reason to call Chatr to terminate the account because they won't give you any refund anyway.  Also, as @GinYVR was saying, doing that would prevent you from transfering the phone number to Public Mobile.

I would say to call Chatr, but for an entirely different reason. Chatr customer service can give you your Chatr account number.  I would get that before contacting Public Mobile's Moderator_Team.

squidy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I don't recommend calling Chatr to cancel. This can cause more problems and you may lose your number. When porting a number with any provider once you pull the number over that triggers the cancelation.

edit: typo

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@andyzhangslDo NOT terminate your Chatr account.

Contact the moderators with this link

Your number is still waiting for Chatr to release or Public Mobile is having problems getting it released by Chatr.

Need Help? Let's chat.