cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone number change

Chelsea0512
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

so i change my phone number on the website and then my service just stop working i cant make phone call or send message what should i do?do anybody experience this before thannks

14 REPLIES 14

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@samyg  this thread is from October 2019. A year ago. The OP marked a solution as well. Typically the solution is how they resolved the issue.

samyg
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Well would be useful to know how the issue from these threats were resolved 

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@samyg  no need to write on multiple threads.

You're allowed one number change per 30 days 

You posted on another thread that a moderator was working on your issue for serveral hours yesterday.

Either contact that moderator back or open a new ticket for moderators

Simon.JPG

Or private message at this link

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

samyg
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

What resolved your issue with number change? I have the same problem and even the moderator struggle to make my new number working

@Chelsea0512Log into your selfserve account and got under payment and click on One Time Payment

Manage AutopayManage Autopay

Call 611 with your credit card that's on your file. Add $1 then restart phone.

Alternative, is to log into My Account / Make a Payment.

If you're still without service and you've tried all suggestions...click on the ? on lower right side of the page to start process of moderator intervention.

Let us know when you get things up and running again.

Chelsea0512

how do i add $1 on my account

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@Chelsea0512 wrote:

so i change my phone number on the website and then my service just stop working i cant make phone call or send message what should i do?do anybody experience this before thannks

System could have failed to provision new number. This sometimes happens during activation too.  Sometimes the restart fixes it. Sometimes lost/stolen or $1 trick is needed or a moderator to fix it.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@popping wrote:

@Chelsea0512 

If you don't get your sevice back after restarted your phone, try to add $1 to your account to re-provision your account again.

If adding $1 deos not work, try the lost/stolen phone trick.

1. Login to your self-serve account.
2. Report your phone lost/stolen using [Plan and Add-Ons] --> [Lost/Stolen Phone]
3. Logoff
4. Wait 5 minutes and login again
5. Report your phone found.
6. Re-start you phone to provision your account again. i.e. enable all features of you plan again.

If this trick failed to get thing working again, you should create a modertator support ticket using the ?button at the bottom right hand corner of this page.  Moderator wait time is up to 2 days.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Chelsea0512 

If you don't get your sevice back after restarted your phone, try to add $1 to your account to re-provision your account again.

Chelsea0512

okay thanks a lot i will be waiting then thanks again.

No new settings or sim req'd.

If you don't have service shortly...click the ? lower right side of page...type "change my phone number"...and follow the instruction. You may end up having to get moderator assistance and that's how it's initiated...click the thumbs down for direction. Good luck.

Chelsea0512

so i dont need to change or go get a new sim card?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Chelsea0512 wrote:

Try cycling phone off/on a few times throughout the day. It might take a bit of time for the change to happen successfully.

Need Help? Let's chat.