cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone has no bars since activation

Manan7117
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My cellphone has got no signal connection at all, since I activated the sim and paid for in full , I have tried different devices but all it shows is telus mobility and no bars and network "unknown" , does anyone Else  had similar problem ?? 

14 REPLIES 14

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Manan7117 that's correct, your phone only supports 900MHz and 2100MHz 3G WCDMA bands, while Public Mobile (and Kodoo, Telus, Virgin, Lucky, and Bell) all require 850MHz and 1900MHz to work. The reason your phone works on Chatr is becuase Rogers is the only Canadian operator to run a 2G GSM network, with which your phone is compatible.  You can use it on Chatr, Fido, or Rogers.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Manan7117

Yeah unfortunetly I took the sim to a telus outlet and it worked on the phone of the customer service guy working there , it means my phone does not support the frequency of public , I'll have to continue using chatr , thanks for all the support from the beautiful public community . 

I did a quick Google search for the homtom s8, and found these supported bands, on 2 sim slots.

It looks iffy at best for LTE, and I still don't know which bands for 3G.

Sim 1

4G Bands:FD-LTE 2100(band 1) / 1800(band 3) / 2600(band 7) / 800(band 20)3G Bands: UMTS 2100 / 900 MHz

2G Bands: GSM 1800 / 1900 / 850 / 900 MHz GPRS:Available EDGE:Available

Sim 22G Bands: GSM 1800 / 1900 / 850 / 900 MHz

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

I totally understand @Manan7117, and thank you for these details! I've just sent you a reply, let's keep the conversation going there 🙂

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Manan7117

Thanks mod , yeah I have tried everything as per my and other members probes , currently I am using a generic phone but its unlocked and supports the 2100 MHz LTE band . its called homtom s8 . but I did tried other phones as well .thanks I need a connection . 

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @Manan7117,

thank you for your patience!

My name is Mary and I'll be looking into your situation, please keep an eye on your private messages for my reply 🙂

Regards,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

it is either a faulty sim or faulty activiation. the mods are your way to go!

Danvanb
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It shouldn't be a Manitoba problem. I just setup my account yesterday and my phone is working without any problems.

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

What is make and model of your phone?

Manan7117

Nope I've tried rebooting changing phones and everything all it does is shows telus and no where it mentions public mobile , I'm in Manitoba , but I don't think it has anything to do with my province , I think its activation issue , I've pm the mods but no replies yet

@Manan7117 What is make/model of your phone?

What message do you see on the phone after rebooting with the PM SIM installed?

Can you see Public mobile with dots?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Manan7117

That is what I think it is cause I've tried everything nothing is working , at first I thought I entered a different sim number , but then I went to the profile and double checked the sim number too , there is no where its showing "public mobile " under networks it just shows telus mobility no bars and everything is disconnected or unkown , so if this is an activation error how to fix it or rectify it ?Screenshot_20180422-182136.png

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Based on the description, it sounds like an activation issue.  Searching for network and seeing Telus just means the phone is compatible with the Telus network and it is able to identify the network.  If you select auto connect, the phone should connect to Public Mobile provided the activation went through properly.  To check the network connection, go to settings, about phone, SIM status.  Under network, Public Mobile should show up there.  If none of this is happening, it is definitely an activation problem. 

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Go to Network settings and manually choose Public Mobile network if available. Another option you should check is Network type set to LTE. 

To check if the sim was activated properly, login to your self-serve account and see if everything looks normal. 

Need Help? Let's chat.