cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

payment reminders

oceanside63
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How can I block or cancel the monthly payment text reminders?  I don't need these reminders as I am on the autopay setup.  I tried "unsubscribe" and "stop messages" but I then get directed to call *611, which does not provide an option for this issue.

9 REPLIES 9

@computergeek541 wrote:

@hycm53 wrote:

Since these reminder messages were sent by 611, not by phone number,  so can't block it. The only thing to do is delete.

Messages from 611 can be blocked. The ability to block a text message from a certain sender is dependent on the software involved. Some apps, including one of the most popular (Android/Google Messages) allows this fuly.  I do use the word "block" loosely as most apps are usually archiving (or deleting) the messages automatically for you without notifying you.

It doesn't work on my phone, because there is no "block" function on my phone. Although I don't want block it. 

@hycm53 wrote:

Since these reminder messages were sent by 611, not by phone number,  so can't block it. The only thing to do is delete.

Messages from 611 can be blocked. The ability to block a text message from a certain sender is dependent on the software involved. Some apps, including one of the most popular (Android/Google Messages) allows this fuly.  I do use the word "block" loosely as most apps are usually archiving (or deleting) the messages automatically for you without notifying you.

@mpcdesign wrote:

@oceanside63 , Personally, am with everyone here. Don't stop the text messages. It's a great reminder that your plan is coming up for renewal. And if you don't get that text that you paid, you be in for a shocker that your phone isn't active. And chances are, that's when you need it the most, ie, waiting for that call from the hot person you just meet the day before. Or the new job opportunity they are planning to offer you. Or the Lotto Office calling you its time for you to pick up that winning cheque, but you only have till an hour to get it. You could miss an important call for what, a text that you get 2x a month. 

Yes, you could block it. Select the text, click on the three dots or some other setting, and block it. To be honest with you, I am not 100% sure if you can unblock a text. I have never blocked a person. Not yet...hehe

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@oceanside63 , Personally, am with everyone here. Don't stop the text messages. It's a great reminder that your plan is coming up for renewal. And if you don't get that text that you paid, you be in for a shocker that your phone isn't active. And chances are, that's when you need it the most, ie, waiting for that call from the hot person you just meet the day before. Or the new job opportunity they are planning to offer you. Or the Lotto Office calling you its time for you to pick up that winning cheque, but you only have till an hour to get it. You could miss an important call for what, a text that you get 2x a month. 

Yes, you could block it. Select the text, click on the three dots or some other setting, and block it. To be honest with you, I am not 100% sure if you can unblock a text. I have never blocked a person. Not yet...hehe

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

SMS apps typically have a spam filter option.  Use that to control incoming text instead of unsubscribing.  There's no user option to re-subscribe.  There are certain notifications that are useful and important.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@oceanside63  AutoPay fails from time to time so the reminder is a good heads-up just in case your account gets suspended.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

You can't stop them. I would not suggest blocking them either.

I also would advise you to pay manually, if autopay fails for any reason you will be left without service without any notice.

With the prepaid plans user is responsible for making sure there are enough funds to buy the cycle, treat autopay as a backup on a case you don't make it

Cheers

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@oceanside63 You can't cancel them. You can block them. But, if your service cuts out around then, they serve as a reminder that your auto pay may have failed. Also,  you will lose the promotional reminders.

@oceanside63 wrote:

How can I block or cancel the monthly payment text reminders?  I don't need these reminders as I am on the autopay setup.  I tried "unsubscribe" and "stop messages" but I then get directed to call *611, which does not provide an option for this issue.

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@oceanside63 wrote:

I'm not sure you can block or cancel these messages, they seem automatic send by system. I'm on the auto pay too. 

Need Help? Let's chat.