cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no internet connection

naoyk77
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there,

I have been a customer of public mobile for a few years currently using LG V20 but  all of sudden, I have no internet connection outside home from a few days ago. I've checked my mobile network setting and APN and those settings look fine.

Even I tried internet connection using my another smartphone (Galaxy S5), it shows the same problem. Also, although I did network reset, nothing resolved this problem.

Please help me fix this problem.

12 REPLIES 12

@ahmadeid wrote:

10/08/2019

By chance were you typing something in a word processing document and posted in here by mistake? Did you have a question?

ahmadeid

10/08/2019

kelvinKK
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have LG V20 too.  Please remember to turn off the following:

From a Home screen, navigate: Settings > Network & internet . Tap the Limit mobiledata usage switch to turn off .

Otherwise, you will get lock on data limit.

naoyk77

yes, it turned out I used up all data. When new cycle begins, everything looks fine

@Anonymous wrote:

@CS_Agent wrote:

Hi,

I'm really sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue, but we can surely help you find a solution

In order to do so, can you send us a private message via the Community? Please click on this link: https://goo.gl/JnHqMR

Sincerely,
Public Mobile Team.

Wow. A couple hours from the OP time and the moderators invite contact. The queue must be done.

At least that's good news for the OP and hopefully others waiting for a response if the moderators are requesting direct contact through the forum:)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CS_Agent wrote:

Hi,

I'm really sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue, but we can surely help you find a solution

In order to do so, can you send us a private message via the Community? Please click on this link: https://goo.gl/JnHqMR

Sincerely,
Public Mobile Team.

Wow. A couple hours from the OP time and the moderators invite contact. The queue must be done.

@naoyk77 hi as stated above  if there is no data showing in your data and addons section you have used it all up maybe from background app updating or numerous other reasons you can renew plan early with moderator assistance or upgrade to a higher plan if you think you will need more data than your currently using good luck

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi,

Sincerely,
Public Mobile Team.

naoyk77

At the begining, I was also thinking that. But, because, currently, it doesn't show my data usage on my account, I can't know whether or not I used up all data.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@naoyk77 wrote:

Hi there,

I have been a customer of public mobile for a few years currently using LG V20 but  all of sudden, I have no internet connection outside home from a few days ago. I've checked my mobile network setting and APN and those settings look fine.

Even I tried internet connection using my another smartphone (Galaxy S5), it shows the same problem. Also, although I did network reset, nothing resolved this problem.

Please help me fix this problem.

@naoyk77 Sounds like you used up all your data. When is your next renewal?

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@naoyk77 

Are you sure you have data left?  if the data isn't showing on the OVERVIEW Page (when you first sign into self-serve), then it has been used up for your current cycle. Conventional thinking would suggest that the system display the data still showing 100% consumption. Unfortunately, the self serve is programmed to remove reference to data when it is all used up.  If you don't see the data list in your plan details (I believe it's the Plans & Add-ons page), then you may have an account issue (since you tried another device) and will need to contact the moderator team for assistance.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

When you log into your self-serve account is it showing active?  You could try the lost phone trick. To report your phone stolen. Login to your selfserve account. Choose Plans and Add-ons tab. Choose the Lost/Stolen Phone tab. Choose Suspend Service tab. Wait a few minutes. Report your phone found. Re-start you phone.  If you still have problems then contact a moderator. Moderator can be reached at  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.