cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new SIM card but can't get my existing number transferred over

NCMVas
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I used a new SIM card and entered my existing number but the system says it can't transfer it. I had used it on a now deactivated Public mobile account. This is nuts. Can anyone help?

2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

@NCMVas wrote:

I used a new SIM card and entered my existing number but the system says it can't transfer it. I had used it on a now deactivated Public mobile account. This is nuts. Can anyone help?

Did you try calling it?

Did you select it as a new number when you started with Public Mobile? Or did you port it over from a previous provider other than Telus or Koodo?

If a new number then there's a slim chance that you might be able to get it back if there's no answer on it now. If someone answers the phone...it's gone.

If it's from Telus or Koodo then the same slim chance.

@NCMVas wrote:

When your old account deactivated, you lost all claim to that phone number. In addition, a number from one carrier can't be transfered to the same carrier. That's not how number portability works. You'll have to choose a new phone number. After you've activated, you can ask the mdoerators if the old phone number is available, but there are no gurarantees.

Need Help? Let's chat.