i forgot my security answer

9 REPLIES 9

jclark416
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@tharmathas wrote:

Hi @tharmathas you cannot remember the answer to your security question?  You chose your security question.  It is something personal so think what the answer could be.  Anyway, if you had already contacted the moderators, expect to received a reply within 48 hrs (these days a lot shorter).

PIN # - being asked to verify your account. 

If you activated in-store, your PIN# was texted to you.  It's the 4-digit number, nothing else.

If you activated online, you chose your PIN#

If you cannot remember or find your PIN#

Please provide your Public Mobile Phone Number, Last payment made on the account, and two more pieces of personal information from the list below.

• Public Mobile Phone Number*
  • Last payment made on the account - Date
  • Email associated with Public Mobile number
  • Account number
  • Last 4 digits of your credit card
  • Last Add-On purchased - Date

If you could provide those information, you will hear back from a moderator to let you know what you should do next.  Best wishes

If you're looking for the 4 digit pin when you first created an account with PM. If you have an Android phone and it's the original one you used when joining you might be able to find the pin in sim card messages.

Open message app

Top right, middle or bottom click the 3 dots

Go to settings

Go to advanced

Go to sim card messages

Otherwise contact moderators.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@tharmathas wrote:

You cannot reset your password without knowing the answer to your security question.  The only way is to create a support ticket to ask moderator assistant using the Chat button at the bottom right corner of this page.  Tell SIMon what is the issue (important)  - Use "forget password and answer to security question".  SIMon will let you create support right away.

You forgot your password already.  You need to use your PIN# to proof that you are the owner of your account. PM sent you text message with your PIN# after your activation.  The first text message contain a randomly generated PIN just in case you did not supply one during your activation process.  The second text message contains the PIN# supplied by you.  

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:
- Complete mailing address,
- Email address,
- Alternate phone number,
- Date of birth,
- Last top up date & amount
- voicemail issue

Good luck.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@tharmathas ,

If you are speaking of the access to get into your SELF SERVCE account and your "Forget my password" is not working contact the moderators to get you back into your account.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

1 -  Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right hand side of your screen to talk to SIMon the chat bot or link:

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

OR

2 - Contact the Public Mobile  Moderator_Team via private message using this link:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@tharmathas  if you could be more detailed of what you're actually looking for would help us help you.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@tharmathas wrote:

If you need your pin. Choose chat bubble in lower right hand corner and contact a moderator will be able to give you that.

@tharmathas 

Which PIN do you need?  

Your password to your self service account?

The PIN to verify your account to Public mobile?  The PIN that you choose when you first activated your account. 

SIM PIN?

Etc.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tharmathas wrote:

So you're trying to do the Forgot your password? You won't find your PIN anywhere other than maybe on your phone when you first activated.

What are you trying to do in the self-serve? You can do a few things in the 611 service.

Need Help? Let's chat.