cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my account locked out

youngsoonyim
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, 

I tried my password more than 3 times and I was out of luck, so my account has been locked out so that I cannot even request my password through web site? how can I resolve this issue?

51 REPLIES 51

PM3HM
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@GinYVR wrote:

@PM3HMWell 1 out 66 is not that bad! But I hope you still get some enjoyment out of the weekend.

It’s actually 18 referrals x $1 x 3 month cycle = $54

$2 x 3 month cycle for auto pay = $6

$2 x 3 month cycle for long term customer = $6

@PM3HMWell 1 out 66 is not that bad! But I hope you still get some enjoyment out of the weekend.

@GinYVR wrote:

@computergeek541I understand the Lithium system is more amenable.. but selfserve is probably more critical to most users. If the selfserve password lockout resets, how does it work with people getting login disabled error while their account is still active and needing Mod assistance? I guess they have stealthy replaced recently the exact error message with something more human friendly. I don't think Public Mobile has documentation on what error messages are there, or I have missed that?

Yes, perhaps there are different error messages.  I've locked myself out of both community and self-serve before (careless typing), and what I can say that community's lockout for incorrect password is a shorter amount of time than that of self-serve.

I'm talking to some other Oracles about this, and I'm unsure why some people can get back in after an hour and why some people need a moderator.

PM3HM

Yup, I think I will port to Chatr once I get online access again. I have 2 family members on Chatr. I also have been on PM’s 90 day $40/12gb plan for the last 2 years. I recommended so many people I get $66 in total credits every renewal period. But this one phone number for my in-law has been an absolute nightmare. 

@PM3HMas @dabr and I were discussing in this thread. Public Mobile is probably not a good fit with your in laws. Depending which city your in laws are in.. I would suggest Koodo Prepaid or Lucky.. I think Lucky would be a smoother transition in porting.. as you don't need to get Moderators involved again. Your in laws can just go to a nearest Dollarama and get a Lucky SIM card etc.

PM3HM

@GinYVR wrote:
@PM3HMCan you use your phone in the interim?

My in-law has the phone. We are in different cities and I can’t get a hold of him right now. This will be the 3rd issue in 1 month and he thinks I am incompetent just because this stupid phone service keeps losing service. 

@PM3HMCan you use your phone in the interim? Can you access and retrieve your voicemail. LoginDisabled could also be not Public Mobile's fault but someone had ported your number out without your knowledge / authorization (especially if you have a cryptowallet associated with your number).

PM3HM

It’s been over 1 hr since my last login attempt. I just tried logging in and I got the same error. And this time it said I have 1 more attempt before getting locked out.  I clicked forgot password and entered my email. It then gave the message ForgotPassword/LoginUnsuccessfulUser_LoginDisabled !!!!!!!  It did the same thing to me earlier this week and only the Mod was able to reset. AND right after the reset I lost service, my plan EXPIRED instantly and caused me a ton of headaches. I had to refill my account and reactivated 1 week earlier than my schedule renewal. Mod replied and confirmed glitch and couldn’t explain what happened. They compensated me $20 for the trouble BUT it looks like I am gonna go through all the pain and loss of service again in the SAME week !?!?!  

@GinYVR hmm looks like you were correctedSmiley Wink

@computergeek541I understand the Lithium system is more amenable.. but selfserve is probably more critical to most users. If the selfserve password lockout resets, how does it work with people getting login disabled error while their account is still active and needing Mod assistance? I guess they have stealthy replaced recently the exact error message with something more human friendly. I don't think Public Mobile has documentation on what error messages are there, or I have missed that?

@GinYVR wrote:
@RossNThe 1 hour limit only applies to SIM activations. Account can get locked out permanently, after too many tries and only a Mod can unlock it.

No, that's not the case.  Both the community and self-serve accounts will lock you out after repeated failed attempts.  However, it is only for a preset amount of time and is not permanent.  If you know the password and just entered it wrong because your hand's weren't on the keyboard's home row properly, had caps on in error, or otherwise just typed the password incorrectly, there is no need to contact moderators.

@RossN The 1 hour limit only applies to SIM activations. Account can get locked out permanently, after too many tries and only a Mod can unlock it.

PM3HM

I have been locked out 2 times this week. I login to my account everyday so I know I am entering the correct password so I don’t know what’s wrong the Public Mobile’s system. I can’t even use the forget password option as it gives an error too. 

@jyotiup If you tried to many times it will do that just wait an hour and try again if it persists contact a mod here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437  

jyotiup

My account locked out as I tried to login to change payment information (my card was compromised). Maybe I tried a wrong password couple of times. I just need my password reset. And my services renewed ASAP. 

I also tried with the PIN but it didn’t work. 

@pamelaesau wrote:

hi im locked out of my account i have tried over and over to get back in email is xxxxxxxxxxxx@xxxx.com please help i just ant to reset password and change my billing info

personal information remvoed by computergeek541

First off, please do not post your e-mail address here.  It can be seen by anyone with a working internet connection.  Also, Public Mobile doesn't use e-mail messages as a method of communication for customer support.

If the forgot password link ( https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/forgot-password/ ) isn't working, you'll need to send a private message to Moderator_Team.  That can be done by clicking on this linik:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

pamelaesau

hi im locked out of my account i have tried over and over to get back in email is xxxxxxxxxxxx@xxxx.com please help i just ant to reset password and change my billing info

personal information remvoed by computergeek541

salmanont

hi My Phone number 416 XXXXXXX

my email Address : XXXXX@XXXXXXX.ca

my account locked out, please reset my password.

Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @carrieb,  First and foremost, since this is a public forum, you should remove your private information ASAP (click the 3 dots in the top corner of your post).

As for your problem, you should be able to use the forgot password feature on the login page of the self serve portal.  If you don't get a reset email within an hour or so, then you will need to contact the moderators in order to get you back into your portal.  Note that moderator response is in the 48 hour range right now.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message. Their hours are: Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM(EST) & Sat/Sun 9AM-7:30PM(EST)
You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

carrieb

my number is xxx-xxx-xxxx  pin is xxxxxxxx  i just want to get in and make a payment.

(personal information removed by computergeek541)

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi @Joyful_Ottawa,

We've responded to your message. Please check your inbox.

Thank you,

Syed

Joyful_Ottawa

"Forgot password" link now is active, but it still isn't working... I was asked a question which I am 100% certain of an answer but it kept saying the answer is incorrect. I need help.

Joyful_Ottawa

It won't even allow me to do the "forgot password" option, because my account is locked... This has been VERY frustrating...

@Joyful_Ottawa

Sorry to hear about your troubles.  You should be getting a response today from moderator.   It was taking up to 72 hours for response.  Supposedly over the weekend, one of the moderator mentioned about 24 hours wait, but obviously, not true now in your situation.  

Have you re-tried the self service "forgot password" function?  Hopefully, it is working now.  It will automatically reset your password if working.....

Joyful_Ottawa

Same happened to me. I have my account locked out and emailed a few private messages to the Moderator. NO ONE REPLIED ME FOR TWO DAYS. I am still locked out. I need my account to unlocked before resetting my password...

@Briancatenhead3

Please do not put personal information on this public forum.  

If you are locked out of your self service account, you can reset your password on the login page.  It should be working these days. 

If still unable to reset password and access your self service account, you will need to contact moderator and wait 1-3 days for response....

send a private message through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Please include in the private message your phone number, your account number and PIN code.

Briancatenhead3

xxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxx.com.com

xxxxxxxxxx is the phone number

(personal information removed by computergeek541) 

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi @shawnpapan,

We've responded to your PM. Kindly check your inbox 🙂

Best,

Syed

Need Help? Let's chat.