cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

login in to 'My Account' disabled?

drob
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

my sim card is unable to connect starting yesterday. I thought it was dirt in the phone, but I've popped it out and its fine. I tried to login to check account status here, but I cannot get in as the error is "Account login has been disabled"

Any help, thanks,

Roy

6 REPLIES 6

dougc
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Suggestion to blow into the SIM slot doesn't really sound like a great idea as ya don't want anything going further inside onto the c'board(s).

Maybe a quick pass of a vacuum (a few mm out from the phone edge)  past the open slot would be better   !?

drob
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I work up North and don't have access to another phone up here. I did try wiping the card, and blowing out the slot. It looked very clean, I don't think that is the problem. Now the phone says unregistered sim once it recognizes it.

I am also still locked out of my account. I tried reset password before trying to login with my old information.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@drob wrote:

Hello,

my sim card is unable to connect starting yesterday. I thought it was dirt in the phone, but I've popped it out and its fine. I tried to login to check account status here, but I cannot get in as the error is "Account login has been disabled"

Any help, thanks,

Roy

@drob 

After cleaning the SIM card contact areas, can you try that SIM into another compatible Public Mobile phone?

With the phone you are currently using, gently blow into the SIM slot (when the SIM is not inside), perhaps debris is inside.

You could also try a RESET of your Network Settings.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@drob Self-Serve is down for maintenance, you might want to check back later .

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

you need to open a ticket with Mod to get the logon reset if you are still unable to logon..  Also confirm the SIM number on their record to see if it matches yours (just to confirm if it is simjacked.)

To open a ticket with mod, click on the Bubble or directly at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot
Enter your question in SIMon. Follow the prompts until you reach the Contact Us button,

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the moderators (but this can take longer):
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@drob wrote:

Try waiting about an hour and then using the forgot password option. If that doesn't work, please open a ticket by going to https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html and then typing "forgot security question answer".

I am concerned that your SIM card doesn't connect to the network. Being locked out of your account shouldn't have any affect on your cellular service.  By any chance, has your service been in suspended status for 90 days?

Need Help? Let's chat.