cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is it possible to get a number changed proof

saiii
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have just changed my old public mobile number to a new one .

but just figured out a lot of my other accounts (gmail etc) are linked to the old phone.

now the problems i cannot login to my gmail because it asked for the verification code that sent to my old phone number. 

can i get a history of number i used with public mobile or any way i can show google and other app providers that indeed it was my new number and has been changed?

thank u in advanced , cheers

4 REPLIES 4

Google/Gmail password login on a different machine - you'll be able to reset the 2FA to your new phone number, either in the account settings or in the "yes, it's me" linky provided in the "your account was accessed from an unrecognized device" email.

Once gmail has confirmed your phone number all of the other apps which rely on Google's authentication should work,  unless device hardware (IMEI and SIM card) has also changed. You may have to uninstall and download again from Google Play Store in some cases. You may have to factory-reset your device for a few of the most extremely persistent (security-conscious) apps. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@saiii  For Gmail you should always create backup (one time use) codes and add more then one number as backup. Using Google Authenticator (install the Google Play app) is the recommended method of secure login for Gmail. From your phone open up the chrome browser and try login into gmail  what happens?

saiii
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

thank you a lot, i can get only from july21. but hope it works.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@saiii wrote:

I have just changed my old public mobile number to a new one .

but just figured out a lot of my other accounts (gmail etc) are linked to the old phone.

now the problems i cannot login to my gmail because it asked for the verification code that sent to my old phone number. 

can i get a history of number i used with public mobile or any way i can show google and other app providers that indeed it was my new number and has been changed?

thank u in advanced , cheers

Log into your PM account and click on 'My Usage' under 'Change Plan' in the overview page.  From there you should be able to view your calling history and more.  It would also show your fomer number as the originating #.  I believe you should be able to get upto last 6 months of usage history there.

Need Help? Let's chat.