cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

incoming calls right to voicemail

I have had public mobile for about 5 months with no problems. The last month or so people tell me they called and the phone went right to voicemail. My phone doesn’t ring or show a recent caller. It will say a voicemail is there if the caller waited for it to answer. I have tried restarting but it still does the same thing. 

Mayor / Maire

Re: incoming calls right to voicemail

@Denised2  have you checked the setting in your phone?  Phones allow you to configure them so that all calls go directly to voicemail.  There would be options like - go to voicemail if not answered or busy, or go to voicemail all the time, etc. 

What type of phone do you have (Android or IOS)?

Mayor / Maire

@Denised2 Make sure you don't have your phone set to Do Not Disturb or Airplane mode

I have an iPhone 8. It is not on ‘do not disturb’

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Denised2 wrote:

I have an iPhone 8. It is not on ‘do not disturb’

See if this helps; found it on the interwebs....

FORWARD TO VOICEMAIL IS ON:
  1. Start your PHONE app.
  2. Click MORE (or three dots icon) in the top right corner of the screen (or the OPTIONS/MENU button on older devices)
  3. Click SETTINGS.
  4. Click CALL FORWARDING.
  5. Click VOICE CALL.
  6. Click ALWAYS FORWARD and then DISABLE

When I go to call forwarding it just sends me to a screen to add a forward to number. 

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Denised2 wrote:

When I go to call forwarding it just sends me to a screen to add a forward to number. 

@Denised2 Have a look at this webpage; there are quite a few things you can check....

https://appletoolbox.com/2014/02/incoming-iphone-calls-go-to-voice-mail-without-ringing/#How_to_Fix_...

Good luck, and once you determine which change fixes it for you, please post back here so we can help the next person with a similar question.

Mayor / Maire

@Denised2 Just enter in a friends number, it's only for a few seconds then you'll disable it.
Mayor / Maire

@Denised2  a écrit :

I have had public mobile for about 5 months with no problems. The last month or so people tell me they called and the phone went right to voicemail. My phone doesn’t ring or show a recent caller. It will say a voicemail is there if the caller waited for it to answer. I have tried restarting but it still does the same thing. 

I found that here in the community from @Luddite 

- turning Do Not Disturb On the OFF

- rebooting your phone

- asking someone to call putting *67 in front of your number to block their number in case your phone is blocking their number

- your SIM in a different phone...

And it was the solution for an Iphone...good luck...

Ok, trying the call forwarding and an update. Thanks. I’ll let you know if it works.