cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

importing phone number from stolen phone

craigGE
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hi my phone was stolen with sim card cant get confirmation sms cause do have phone anymore but would like to import PM number to new carrier did get new phone with chatr thinking it was publicmobile  

7 REPLIES 7

@mimmo 

Thanks I was unsure how chatr sells phones and the OP was confused into thinking he had purchased a phone from pm. And then convinced to port his number out.......

@craigGE 

Since chatr has a pitiful selection of phones to choose from I am going to assume you went for the moto e for $159 which the telus/koodo prepaid version is on sale at london drugs for $129. The moto g power and g play are on clearance at select costco 's for $99. This is the part of the WWC that applies to your situation....

You have the right :

to cancel your contract and return your phone at no cost, within 15 calendar days and if you have not used more than half of the usage specified in your monthly plan limits, if you are unhappy with your service.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@LurganIeUk  thanks I forgot about the new 2fa for sim swaps.

@darlicious the op mentions chatr in their post which is not post postpaid provider.

@LurganIeUk 

As long as @craigGE chooses the email option for 2FA and has access to his email that isn't compromised?

@craigGE 

Is your missing phone password locked? Have you tried " find my device?" Reset the phone so your personal info or financials can't be compromised? You can ask the moderators to blacklist it. You can also still access your voicemail once you suspend the service by dialing your phone number and pressing * once it connects. Enter you 4 digit voicemail pin # to retrieive any messages.

@mimmo wrote:

I believe in these situations you need to contact the moderator team via the chat bot. They will give you precise instructions once they verify your account .

Edit To do a number port you pm account needs to be active.

you could also see about canceling your chatr account (get a refund) and then do a sim swap, through the moderator team.

While this is a unique situation .... just to let you know you can now do a SIM swap online. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@craigGE 

First you should log into your account and suspend your service via lost/stolen while you sort out your issue.

Did you want to change providers? Did you sign a contract? Just be aware you have 15 days to change your mind at no cost to you on a post paid plan. Take the time ( as long as your 30 day plan isn't running out) to be sure that you want chatr to be your new provider especially if you have built up some rewards.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I believe in these situations you need to contact the moderator team via the chat bot. They will give you precise instructions once they verify your account .

Edit To do a number port you pm account needs to be active.

you could also see about canceling your chatr account (get a refund) and then do a sim swap, through the moderator team.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

You likely need to get a PM SIM and request a SIM swap so you can receive the SMS. 

A proper porting process requires an active account with a working phone and SIM to receiver and reply YES.   It is unfortunate that you need to get a SIM just for this purpose but this is needed for porting. 

Need Help? Let's chat.