Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

my imessage activation isnt working

11 REPLIES 11

rhbcc
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

A few things that did it for me:

1) settings>turn off i message & facetime

2) reset all netwrok settings

3) do a hard reset (hold power and home button)

-phone will turn on with the data, dont owrry just turn it back of again

4) turn the phone off (hold just the power button)

5) remove sim card

6) put it back in

7) turn on imessage and facetime

everything should be working fine by now.

mtlmeg
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had the same problem, but found a different solution that worked at https://www.iphonelife.com/content/how-to-fix-imessage-waiting-activation-error-iphone-4-different-s...

The fourth solution, that involved resetting network settings, did it for me after trying all the others for 24 hours+. 

@GinYVR all you have to do is hit edit and you can change your number I have done it numerous times lol

@RossNJust to clarify, the AppleID contact page you are talking about is intended for devices that is NOT the iPhone the person is using eg a secondary device. The phone number of the iPhone that the person is using SHOULD be automatically added to the Apple ID as long as there is a data connection, failing a data connection, Apple device will try to send shortcode to the AppleID servers via SMS.

@RossNMy point is you cannot manually change it.. it reads from the phone via the carrier profile.

@GinYVR hi it's right on the main page of your apple id 

@GinYVR Hi well i know I had to update a few of mine after a number change

@RossNThere should be no need to manually add a phone number to an AppleID to an iPhone.. the number is automatically updated once the user log into the iPhone with their Apple ID. In fact there is no option to do that!

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@matty10blues  hi did you put your new number in your apple id I know that's screws things up if you don't

ooakosiryan
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Here's an troubleshooting guide from Apple for activating iMessage:

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201422

Try going through it and let us know if you're still having issues after.

Good luck!

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@matty10bluesI assume you have data? If so, make sure your data is on, and you still have data in your data bucket also you are connected to wifi for the activation (as a backup). That's the sure way to make sure you get your iMessage activated in a timely manner (close to instantenous)..

or else iMessage will try to send via SMS which you will get "Please wait up to 24 hours for activation" message.

Need Help? Let's chat.