cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone XS can't send MMS pictures anymore to Android devices

Nickintofino
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This is weird but I changed plans on January 21st  from less gigs to more gigs and now having difficulty with sending pictures in iMessage unless the enduser has an iPhone and I send to the Apple Id account.

Safari works great, wifi works great, phone works and everything else works.... just not sending pictures via iMessage to android devices

My plan says:

• This plan includes: -
  • - 5GB at 3G Speed
  • - Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • - Unlimited International Text

My plan does not say, 

Unlimited local text or picture texts

Can anyone weigh in on this or know why I can't send mms pictures to an android device?

thanks

30 REPLIES 30

Nickintofino

@Anonymous wrote:

@Nickintofino wrote:
Thanks! I will wait for the update. 

How is this the solution? You're not a newbie so I'm calling it out.

You are right and it isn’t a solution yet. Honestly, trying all these various methods takes its toll and I just want to move on. 

For the various  people who can’t receive my pictures, I will use a 3rd party (Signal, telegram) to do it if it really needs to be sent. I got on fine without mms or sms! 

So yes you are right, I just giving up for now. Hopefully the new version of iOS will force the server to update my settings 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Nickintofino wrote:

How is this the solution? You're not a newbie so I'm calling it out.

Nickintofino

Thanks for the info and testing with textnow! 

Great suggestion!

Nickintofino

@srlawren wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

I know there is an iOS 12.something issue that is preventing the XR from sending MMS, maybe it affects the XS too?

@CalgaryBen any suggestions for @Nickintofino?

Further to this:  12.2 beta 2 came out today and apparently resovled the issue I'm talking about above:  https://community.koodomobile.com/iphone-81489/iphone-cannot-send-gifs-or-mms-7791291/index3.html#po... If you're comfortable with beta software, might be worth a try!  Or wait for the official (non-beta) 12.2 rollout.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@srlawren wrote:

I know there is an iOS 12.something issue that is preventing the XR from sending MMS, maybe it affects the XS too?

Further to this:  12.2 beta 2 came out today and apparently resovled the issue I'm talking about above:  https://community.koodomobile.com/iphone-81489/iphone-cannot-send-gifs-or-mms-7791291/index3.html#po... If you're comfortable with beta software, might be worth a try!  Or wait for the official (non-beta) 12.2 rollout.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

CalgaryBen
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Nickintofino wrote:

It was working roughly a month ago... My book keeper uses a Google Pixel and I can't send mms to her.... it starts and then just stops. But thanks any how... 

@Nickintofino if you send a regular text (or even just start typing one... don't actually need to send), is the "Send" button green or blue?  (I'm just thinking that if, for any reason, she has inserted her SIM card into any iPhone recently, it may have registered her phone number as a qualified recipient for iMessage on the iMessage servers, in which case your "Send" button would be blue.  If that's the case, we can work towards resolving that).  If it's green, then what happens when you send the MMS... does it show the (!) Not Delivered, or does it apparently send?  If it sends, check your Self-Serve account, under Plans and Add-Ons / Usage History, and see if you see a Call Type="Data Event" with Usage Type="MMS" entry.  This will show whether the MMS was sent to the network, and maybe the issue is on your book-keeper's end.  Note that the Usage History can often be delayed by many hours and isn't updated in real-time...

I'd recommend downloading a free app called TextNow, which will give you a free phone number with area code of your choice.  You can then SMS and MMS yourself at your new number, for testing purposes (it's like having a phone inside your phone).  This might aid in troubleshooting.  Meanwhile, you can also use this app to send the MMS to your book-keeper, bypassing the configurations to make this work on your iPhone.

srlawren

@Nickintofino wrote:

It was working roughly a month ago... My book keeper uses a Google Pixel and I can't send mms to her.... it starts and then just stops. But thanks any how... 

@Nickintofino probably won't help much but you could try this KB article from Apple:  If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

You could also try:

https://www.fonepaw.com/solution/iphone-wont-send-pictures.html

https://www.payetteforward.com/my-iphone-wont-send-pictures-heres-real-fix/

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8084916

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
iMessages often have problems communicating with android, try turning iMessage off and use standard sms/mms texting.

Nickintofino

@srlawren wrote:

srlawren

@Nickintofino wrote:

@krazykiwi wrote:

If resetting the APN does not work reset the Network settings.

If that does not work turn phone off, remove sim, turn phone on let it find "no service" turn off insert sim then turn back on.

I will try that, but all these things are under the assumption the setting on the iphone are stopping the mms pictures. 

I have to go to a meeting but will try this all out later this afternoon. The Signal.app is a great workaround for this problem....

Yes, these are all tricks I have used and directed others to try and ar some point it has worked.

It may be a provisioning issue which will require the @CS_Agent to fix.

To Contact the Moderators click this link and describe in detail your situation.

I recommend while you wait for their response to try what I suggested.

Nickintofino

@krazykiwi wrote:

If that does not work turn phone off, remove sim, turn phone on let it find "no service" turn off insert sim then turn back on.

I will try that, but all these things are under the assumption the setting on the iphone are stopping the mms pictures. 

I have to go to a meeting but will try this all out later this afternoon. The Signal.app is a great workaround for this problem....

Nickintofino

@krazykiwi wrote:

Have you tried resetting the APN settings?

I hit the renew APN setting but what I really wanted to do was hard code them in. I couldn't find the APN setting to do this?

Funny though on the Mobile Data setting it shows:

isp.mb.com w/no user or pswd

mobile data works any how

@Nickintofino wrote:

@krazykiwi w

Ok, if you haven't done this yet trying adding a $1 to your account.

I thought that was going to be it.... but sadly no. I do pay monthly next payment is on the 22nd

Have you tried resetting the APN settings?

Nickintofino

@krazykiwi w

I thought that was going to be it.... but sadly no. I do pay monthly next payment is on the 22nd

@Nickintofino wrote:

@krazykiwi wrote:

@Nickintofino I am trying to isolate the phone from the service. 

Try this

Login to self serve - Plan & add-ons - Lost/Stolen phone - Suspend service.
Logout and wait a few minutes then login and select found phone.
This will not blacklist your phone.

Interesting idea, I did it as you pointed out... getting the red ! and Not Delivered sign

Nickintofino

@krazykiwi wrote:

Try this

Interesting idea, I did it as you pointed out... getting the red ! and Not Delivered sign

@Nickintofino wrote:

Well, it doesnt say specifically. Either way, I still can't send pictures.... wondering if there is some backend software, that changed on the publicmobile side.... I assume everyone here is going to ask me questions about my device.... bottom line is it worked perfectely before on the other plan and it doesn't work on the new plan.... there was no sim changes, just a plan change.

Have you tried what I suggested with the Lost/stolen trick? This will reset your account.

Nickintofino

Well, it doesnt say specifically. Either way, I still can't send pictures.... wondering if there is some backend software, that changed on the publicmobile side.... I assume everyone here is going to ask me questions about my device.... bottom line is it worked perfectely before on the other plan and it doesn't work on the new plan.... there was no sim changes, just a plan change.

Try this

@Nickintofino wrote:

Notice the plan doesn't say local texting or mms with pictures?

This is included with the plan!

@Nickintofino wrote:

Can you confirm that MMS messaging is still on under settings-messages?

I checked this out right away, turned on and off to see if that would make a difference too, This will do exactly what you mentioned but should be giving you a warning when you try to MMS an Android.

Also when you say safari works great, etc do you mean while on data?

On data or wifi, tcp/ip is working, I just thought someone would ask this question, it really has no baring on mms The reason I asked this is to determine if your Data was working. No a MMS don't use data but it does use the service to send the MMS, thus it needs to be working.

EDIT: Do you know if this issue as been since you changed your account?

Yes since changing my plan, previously it worked fine. I have cycled the iphone on/off a few times too

Nickintofino

Notice the plan doesn't say local texting or mms with pictures?

Nickintofino

cycling airplance has been done since I changed plans and there hasn't been a difference

Nickintofino

yes, many times

Nickintofino

I checked this out right away, turned on and off to see if that would make a difference too

On data or wifi, tcp/ip is working, I just thought someone would ask this question, it really has no baring on mms

Yes since changing my plan, previously it worked fine. I have cycled the iphone on/off a few times too

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@Nickintofino Also try cycling Airplane mode on then off.

Did you try with your wifi on off @Nickintofino??

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@Nickintofino wrote:

This is weird but I changed plans on January 21st  from less gigs to more gigs and now having difficulty with sending pictures in iMessage unless the enduser has an iPhone and I send to the Apple Id account.

Safari works great, wifi works great, phone works and everything else works.... just not sending pictures via iMessage to android devices

My plan says:

• This plan includes: -
  • - 5GB at 3G Speed
  • - Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • - Unlimited International Text

My plan does not say, 

Unlimited local text or picture texts

Can anyone weigh in on this or know why I can't send mms pictures to an android device?

thanks

Hi,

Need Help? Let's chat.