cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i have extra sim card how do i transfer someones virgin mobile phone to my public mobile sim

dboxtvinfo715
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

well, i do want to give away my sim card by transferring someones virgin mobile plan and sim to my public mobile extras. hopefully this message is clear but we can discuss, i may take few days to respond tho no hurries

13 REPLIES 13

dboxtvinfo715

yes sorry for delay, i have virgin mobile contract to deal with before i transfer to public, thanks

@dboxtvinfo715 follow these instructions when porting a virgin account

if porting, only use the account number(make sure this is the correct number. if there are two similar numbers, choose the number without letters) and pin(voicemail password) from the previous provider

anytime you're proceeding to the next page and its loading, keep wiggling your mouse curser so the system doesn't hang. do this till the next page loads.

when registering your credit card use all capital letters and leave the apt field blank.

after clicking "process payment" don't forget to keep wiggling your mouse 👍

then insert your sim, reset your network settings and restart your phone

zomba
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Number transferring is easy and takes about 15 mins. You just need to have Public Mobile sim card, during activation you just need to provide all your information from Virgin Mobile it will be at step 2 of sim activation.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@dboxtvinfo715 wrote:

well, i do want to give away my sim card by transferring someones virgin mobile plan and sim to my public mobile extras. hopefully this message is clear but we can discuss, i may take few days to respond tho no hurries

You have an extra PM account that you are not using and you want to give it to someone who is with Virgin.  You want to know: 

1.  How to port the Virgin number to PM?

2.  How to let someone to take over your PM account?

Q1.  Create a support ticket using the Chat button at the lower right hand corner of this page.  Tell SIMon what is the issue (important) - Use "Port Request"

- The Virgin number must be active before you can port that number to PM.

- Provide Virgin account number, name on the account and the number to be ported to PM

FYI - Number porting is a 2 stage process:
Stage 1. After submitted your porting request, PM set up your old number on your PM account. Login to your account. Select the [Plan and Add-Ons] tab. Is your old number showing on the [Plan and Add-Ons] page?
If yes, PM has done its work to setup your old number for you to call out, send text and data.
If no, you should create a support ticket for moderator to investigate. Moderator wait time is from couple of hours to couple of days.

Stage 2. Now, you are waiting for your old provider to release your number to PM. Not until your old provider release your number, all the incoming calls and texts will continue to go to your old provider. You can continue to use the old provider SIM card until it stops working which is the indication that your number was released to PM.

Q2:  PM is a prepaid service.  Anyone can take over your account by change the name on your account and you need to remove your autopay cc info.  You need to create a support ticket to ask moderator to change the email address used by the new owner.  Then, the new owner can add the autopay cc info and ask moderator to change the PIN # on the account.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@benfatto wrote:

@dboxtvinfo715  Bottom line: what you wish to do cannot be done unless you are willing to have a different phone number. 

@benfatto 

Notice all the uncertainty in many of the replies above. I don't think we can yet declare a "bottom line" until we're clear on what all the OP wishes to do.

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@dboxtvinfo715  Bottom line: what you wish to do cannot be done unless you are willing to have a different phone number. 

metropublic

@dboxtvinfo715 wrote:

well, i do want to give away my sim card by transferring someones virgin mobile plan and sim to my public mobile extras.

@dboxtvinfo715  You cannot transfer another carriers plan or sim you can only port in a phone number from another carrier.

hopefully this message is clear but we can discuss, i may take few days to respond tho no hurries

Not really, needs more clarification.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@dboxtvinfo715....

make sure the Virgin phone in unlocked before you activate a PM account...if that's what you're trying to do.

@dboxtvinfo715 

Your initial post can be interpreted different ways.  It is a bit confusing.

Is your extra SIM card unused and new?  Do you have two SIM cards?

Are you planning to keep your own Public mobile account/number?  

Do you want to transfer your Public mobile add ons/rewards to new account?

Do you want your friend to take over your present PM account with their own number?

If you port over your friend number to your PM account/SIM card, your original PM number will be lost, but the add ons and rewards will continue with your friend Virgin mobile number.  Your friend will then use your original PM Sim card.  You can change the account details (ie. name and address, credit card) via the self service account, but you will need help to change the account email address (contact moderator).  

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/change-your-phone-number

When you return, please clarify your request/question.  

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@dboxtvinfo715    So you have 2 Public Mobile SIM cards?  Are you simply wanting the other phone currently on a Virgin plan to switch over to Public Mobile?  If so, as others have advised, they simply go through the activation process using the "extra" SIM card.  

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@dboxtvinfo715 Reading the reply from @Jb456 got me thinking maybe a referral wasn't what you meant. You could always port in their Virgin Mobile number and give them your account, activating a new one for yourself with your extra sim card, but I can't fathom why you would choose this route.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@dboxtvinfo715 wrote:

@dboxtvinfo715 I believe what you want to do is refer someone, giving them your extra sim card and have them use your referral code? No problems. Write out your referral code for them so they have it handy when they activate their sim. They will receive the $10 credit within 3 days, you will receive the $1 monthly credit starting your next renewal. You should receive a text message once they successfully activate with your referral code.

Your referral code is found in your self serve account. See pic below;

Screen Shot 2020-09-04 at 4.13.43 PM.png

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@dboxtvinfo715  Its not really that clear but sounds like you want to transfer your public mobile extras (as is add-ons) to someone?

You want to transfer someone's Virgin mobile number to your extra Public mobile SIM card so they can use your add-ons? 

If that is what you're asking this is not possible.

The person is more then welcome to leave virgin mobile and switch to Public Mobile and keep their same number.

The extra SIM card you have needs to be brand new and never activated. If so, they can use it to activate their account.

They can go link below to activate the sim card and pay for their plan they want.

https://activate.publicmobile.ca/

On that activation page there will be a section that they can transfer their virgin mobile number over to Public Mobile. Due note the Virgin account needs to be in good standing to port the number to Public Mobile.

You can also give them your referral code found in your PM account on the right and there is a section on the activation page for them to enter your code. They will get $10 credited to their account within 72 hours of activation and you will get $1 off per 30 days as long as they remain a customer.

You cannot transfer any add-ons you have in your account over to them. 

You can have as many accounts as you want with Public Mobile if you are wanting to create and manage their account.  Each account needs a brand new sim card that has not be activated before and a different email per sim card.

Need Help? Let's chat.