cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i forgot my public mobile account password and security question

sansweet28
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i forgot my public mobile account password and security question.

i am unable to open my account. i need a internet plan but i am unable to open my account. please help me. its very urgent.

26 REPLIES 26

@kishoreVIP 

Only Moderators can help you with getting access to your account. Two ways to reach them.

1- 

Simon.JPG

2- via private message at link below.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Once you get access to your account. Click "payment" then bottom left "Manage my card".

Screenshot_20200124_073012.jpg

kishoreVIP

Hi Team, I forgot my password and security  answer. Could you please help me to login in self serve as I need to update my credit card for payment. my current autopay credit card is expired. Thank you 

@kevinliu_01 wrote:

I forgot my account password and security question 

Simon.JPG

kevinliu_01

I forgot my account password and security question 

@Carmelagaro wrote:

Hello. Can someone assist with changing my password. The email is not coming through

@Carmelagaro   Only moderators can help you with a password change, we are customers with no access to your account. 

Have you contacted the moderators?   If so, then check your junk folder too for any response from them, also if you have another email account, check that.  Take a look at the envelope icon top right above your post, if you see a red dot click the envelope there should be a message from the moderators there. 

Usually any password reset email sent by moderators has a two hour timeline to be used, after which you would need to submit another request for the password to be reset.

Carmelagaro

Hello. Can someone assist with changing my password. The email is not coming through

@wtoumi2013 wrote:

public mobile account  does not  accept  email  witch i have registred with 

@wtoumi2013   Make sure you are typing in the correct email address, especially if you have more than one email, you may have forgotten which one you used.  Also double check for any typos.

If you know the correct email and password and are still having issues, submit a ticket to moderators via SIMon here: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

When interacting with SIMon do the following:

type in 'talk to rep'

select 'contact us'

select submit ticket'

then follow the next set of prompts to finish submitting your ticket.

wtoumi2013

public mobile account  does not  accept  email  witch i have registred with 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Korth wrote:

I agree it would be more secure (less unsecure) for the password reset and the notification about it to occur together.

But my experience was that this isn't (or wasn't) how things got done here. I discovered it "accidentally" while waiting hours for a password reset before impatiently trying the password I was given for a previous password reset... didn't really expect it to work but it worked anyhow, then again as an experiment. Maybe (hopefully) the same default password doesn't always work - but it doesn't really hurt to try it.

I understand it was worth the try, saved you some time knowing moderators response can take many hours, if not days.  But I noticed your password was very similar to the one I was given (123).  I would prefer that it's a different password reset every time and should only be allowed after getting it from the moderators. 

Korth
Mayor / Maire

I agree it would be more secure (less unsecure) for the password reset and the notification about it to occur together.

But my experience was that this isn't (or wasn't) how things got done here. I discovered it "accidentally" while waiting hours for a password reset before impatiently trying the password I was given for a previous password reset... didn't really expect it to work but it worked anyhow, then again as an experiment. Maybe (hopefully) the same default password doesn't always work - but it doesn't really hurt to try it.

@LovesToPM wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@Korth wrote:

I've done (or helped others do) password reset several times.

Sometimes the Mods implemented it promptly but for whatever reason I had to wait a long time (hours, even a few days) before being informed about it. The default/reset password (for me) has always been public123 - I've been able successfully use it for login long before receiving their response. You are of course required to change the password to something else the first time you login after the reset. 

Interesting...I wasn't aware you could reset the password, without waiting for a moderator, with a default password.  The password reset sent to me was simply 123. 

I'm not sure if that raises some security issues if the password reset is simply the same default everytime and can be done without moderator involvement.

@dabr I think Korth meant the Moderator reset his password but only informed him later.

Meanwhile he knew what the default password would be and was able to logon well before being informed of the reset. Security issue? Perhaps a small one.

Perhaps a small one but I just think it would be more secure to actually receive the email reset before being able to reset it via a default which Korth says he did before he received a response from the moderators.  Unless I'm totally missing something in his post:)

@dabr wrote:

@Korth wrote:

Sometimes the Mods implemented it promptly but for whatever reason I had to wait a long time (hours, even a few days) before being informed about it. The default/reset password (for me) has always been public123 - I've been able successfully use it for login long before receiving their response. You are of course required to change the password to something else the first time you login after the reset. 

Interesting...I wasn't aware you could reset the password, without waiting for a moderator, with a default password.  The password reset sent to me was simply 123. 

I'm not sure if that raises some security issues if the password reset is simply the same default everytime and can be done without moderator involvement.

@dabr I think Korth meant the Moderator reset his password but only informed him later.

Meanwhile he knew what the default password would be and was able to logon well before being informed of the reset. Security issue? Perhaps a small one.

@GR wrote:

@sansweet28 click here to talk to the Moderator_Team and they'll help you!

https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

@GR You offered the right suggestion. Smiley Happy

But the wording that concerns me is "talk". This may lead new customers to believe that this is an actual live chat session, which it is not. I would rather say that a ticket must be submitted to Moderators and they will respond within 1 to 2 days.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Korth wrote:

@manjeetYou have to disable all adblockers and privacy blockers for SIMon to work properly. Clear your cache, restart your browser and disable your add ons.

manjeet

ticket is not submitting. it appears light colour button. unable to press

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@sansweet28 wrote:

i want to reset my password of public mobile account. but they ask security question. i forgot both. please tell me solution to sign in.

I see you already have posted and accepted a solution for the same question in another thread.  Make sure to look out for the email from moderators because they have a 2 hour expiry to reset the password.

@sansweet28 wrote:

i want to reset my password of public mobile account. but they ask security question. i forgot both. please tell me solution to sign in.

This thread isn't applicable to your question.  Submit a ticket to modrators via SIMon and they can help reset your password.  You can click here: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

@sansweet28 click here to talk to the Moderator_Team and they'll help you!

https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

@sansweet28 

I know that you need access URGENTLY, but it is not possible with PM customer service model.  You will need to contact moderator as described above and it will take 1-2 days to get access typically. 

My solution above is to dial 611 from your phone and buy a Data add on.  $30 for 1 GB.  $10 for 200 mb.  Then you will have data/internet. Expensive, but you will have data.  

sansweet28

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@sansweet28 

Moderators do take 1-2 days to respond.  Which plan are you on presently?

If you have a credit card on file, you could buy a data add on by dialing 611.  It is kinda expensive, but unused portion does roll over to next month.  

Here is a good thread on the 611:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/611-IVR-Menu-System/m-p/289352

@sansweet28 wrote:

i am unable to open my account. i need a internet plan but i am unable to open my account. please help me. its very urgent.

Since you also do not know the answer to your account security question, click on the question mark symbol to open up the an automated chat window. Fill in information about forgetting your password and then open a service ticket.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@sansweet28 wrote:

Did you write it down and put it away for safe keeping somewhere ?

You'll likely have to contact a moderator...click on the ? in lower right side of screen to start the process.

Need Help? Let's chat.