cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i am a legacy customer and 611 no longer works for me.

AlyceMelvin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I am currently a legacy customer since 2010. About 2 months ago I called 611 because I couldn't sign into my account becaose it was locked and it said to contact customer service to unlock it.

Ever since then I can no longer reach customer service by dialing 611.

I am also locked out of my account and when I try to reset the password, the link that is supposed to be sent there is never sent.

What am I supposed to do?

The only reason why I have been with this company for so long is because of the customer service I recieve when I call 611.

How am I supposed to fix this if I can't get through to a customer service rep and I have to rely on the cummunity of other lost customers???

@CS_Agent

14 REPLIES 14

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@CS_Agent wrote:

Thank you @srlawren for the clarifications! 

@CS_Agent any time.  Sorry for being pendantic, but this is a really important thing I think the whole moderator team needs to do consistently.  You guys should set up a template (or a community macro) that can provide a consistent message when asking people to contact you with their personal info--that way you can't forget it.  cc: @Mary_M food for though?  Feel free to see my community macro guide for more on how to do that.  🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Correction : 

As @srlawren mentioned, could you please @AlyceMelvin

could you please send your information in a private message to the moderator team.

Sorry for the confusion! 

Thank you @srlawren for the clarifications!

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@CS_Agent Lamie, sorry but it's important that you mention that the customer should send you this info via private message so that they don't just reply here with their private info.  You could also helpfully include either a link to the page where they can private message the mod team (aka https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 ) and/or a link to the How to Get Help article ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-Get-Help/ta-p/251745 ). 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello AlyceMelvin,

I truly apologize for all the issues it has brought to you. I will be more than happy to offer my help!

Thank you for reaching out to us!

In order to secure & access your account, may I please ask you to provide me with your phone number as well as your 4 digit PIN?

If you don't remember the PIN, please provide us all information matching up your account:

-Date of Birth 
-Last four digits of a registered credit card 
-Address with Postal Code 
-Home or business contact number 
-Email address

I shall be awaiting for your reply to help you further 🙂

Lamie

Just a suspicion here but

It seems odd the issue started at around the SAME TIME Koodo started changing up their phone systems with the new virtual assistant

I am willing to bet $$$ the bug is somehow related as Koodo handles Public calls

(For those who have never used Koodo before;

Koodo has now sent everyone new terms and conditions via email

Koodo clients can no longer call customer service EXCEPT to do automated things, such as check balance, bill payment etc

They have (BURIED) an option to request a call back but it is SUPER ANNOYING since you cant just press buttons and need to listen to like 5 minutes of options and warnings

They then give you a choice to use their brand new virtual assistant (think Simon on crack)

The text link for virtual assistant is sent to your phone, and again it tries to prevent you from requesting call back giving all sorts of annoying prompts / warnings and even will CANCEL your call back request if wrong option is selected

If you actually make it this far it sends you 3 choices for times (usually all within 30 mins of each other so hopefully you werent busy at that time) for the call back

Normally within 30 mins of scheduled call back it sends you a TXT warning call back is coming

In my experiance (5+ times) call back is ALWAYS late

And when you pick up the call it then PLACES YOU ON HOLD while you wait another minute or two

Fabuolus system Koodo

*slow clap

Full of bugs and as I said before my rant, I am betting it has something to do with remaining Public clients phone issues (after all if Koodo cant call in why could we?)

AlyceMelvin

@stonechuckerAs far as i know Dialing *611 is the same as dialing 611. Or at least it was for me before this happened.

I just private messaged the mod team so I will update this thread when Someone gets back to me.

Thank you!

@AlyceMelvin, so you're still a legacy customer, without rewards, paying for 611 voice service, and now not getting it.

This isn't right.  Have you messaged the Moderator_Team via private messaging?  II think someone left a link in a previous thread.

Another thought, as I've never had 611 voice service here, does dialling *611 differ from 611 alone?

AlyceMelvin

Thank you for responding so quickly!

I've had the same plan for several years now.

A couple of months ago I was unable to sign into my account to change the credit card attached to my account and so I called 611 to help reset the password.

Ever since then dialling 611 no longer works except to pay a bill.

AlyceMelvin

Thank you for responding so quickly!

I've had the same plan for several years now.

A couple of months ago I was unable to sign into my account to chance the credit card attached to my account and so I called 611 to help reset the password.

Ever since then dialling 611 no longer works except to pay a bill.

Hello @AlyceMelvin, what happened in the call you referenced in your first post, 'about 2 months ago'??

Did you perhaps change to a then in-market plan?  What was the resolution at that time with your issue?

If you're not getting through on the 611, I wonder if you've been flipped (perhaps accidentally) to the in-market system?

AlyceMelvin

Thanks in advance!

AlyceMelvin

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response.

Calling the number provided brings me to the exact menu options as dialling 611. There is no option to speak to a human.

Do you have any other suggestions?

thanks in advance!

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@AlyceMelvinIt seems some legacy customers have been having trouble contacting customer support using 611, Try 1-855-478-2542 and enter your legacy number when the prompt asks you which will allow you to speak with a human.

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@AlyceMelvin wrote:

Hi,

I am currently a legacy customer since 2010. About 2 months ago I called 611 because I couldn't sign into my account becaose it was locked and it said to contact customer service to unlock it.

Ever since then I can no longer reach customer service by dialing 611.

I am also locked out of my account and when I try to reset the password, the link that is supposed to be sent there is never sent.

What am I supposed to do?

The only reason why I have been with this company for so long is because of the customer service I recieve when I call 611.

How am I supposed to fix this if I can't get through to a customer service rep and I have to rely on the cummunity of other lost customers???

@CS_Agent

@AlyceMelvinDid you change plans at some point? Does calling 1-855-4PUBLIC work? If the toll free number does not work you will have to contact the customer service rep by  sending a private message to the public mobile moderator team. Click this to message them.  They will reply with a unique link to a secure online form where you will need to verify your identity as the account owner. After you’ve provided the verification please reply to the existing private message thread with the moderator. Read more about it here [ Learn about contacting our support team ]

Need Help? Let's chat.