cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/ isn't opening for me

mlnorman
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm getting a blank page when I click the My Account link. Is this page not working

19 REPLIES 19

Leaving
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Do you have any insight on Freedom and Lucky Mobile?

I read quite a few horror stories about PM and credit cards/autopay and I am worried about it happening to me. 

Leaving

P.S. don't bother using vouchers.  Each time I did, PM had what they claimed "computer glitches."  I had to go to a Public Shop in a Zehrs to get it straightened out since PM would only deal with an employee there and not me directly.  I have since got a loadable credit card. 

My point is that PM seems to have a lot of problems and this is a concern. 

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Leaving wrote:

Same. This is unacceptable. Why are you guys, customers, accepting it?

Public Mobile should get new servers if they can't take the load. If they are going to provide this promotion, they must anticipate people logging in????!?

I can only imagine if you needed to contact support.  

Yup.. that's my situation right now. Service not working at all due to a "system error" according to the moderator team after a plan renewal with autopay on, and no resolution other than to try to charge the same amount that's already been charged to and appears on my card. It just isn't good enough, and support is non-existent when problems like this do arise. 

Leaving

Same. This is unacceptable. Why are you guys, customers, accepting it?

Public Mobile should get new servers if they can't take the load. If they are going to provide this promotion, they must anticipate people logging in????!?

I can only imagine if you needed to contact support.  

Jonnyreloaded

It is not working for me either. Sometimes it does not load and you'll just have to try again at another time. 

jor123

@geopublic wrote:

@jor123 wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

I have already submitted a ticket, and haven't heard back. Public Mobile's (lack of) service really shows when things like this happen - I set my plan to switch at the end of the last service period, and autopay is enabled and working. You would think this could happen without suspending service altogether in the process. Any other carrier, including Lucky, has reachable customer service. When you're paying to be able to use a service, that shouldn't be too much to expect. I've been a fan of PM up until now but it really goes to show you get what you pay for.

@jor123  Did you switch plans from a higher priced to lower priced plan? If yes, then it is recommended that you add the funds to cover the higher priced plan before setting up the switch because in some situations that would cause the problem that you described.

PM is not perfect and if talking to someone on the phone is important then by all means switch,  but just keep in mind that it's not always greener on the other side. 

I did switch to a lower cost plan, but how should customers "know" what to do to stop PM's terrible systems from running into service breaking glitches like this? If autopay is set up, then it should automatically pay whatever amount is due when the time comes.

I'm sure it's "not always greener on the other side", but there are no other carriers with absolutely no reachable customer support line even for issues like this that completely break service. I went as far as to manually try a payment through 611, and it authorized my card and STILL hasn't applied the payment to the account or reactivated the plan. It just isn't good enough and it sours the Telus brand altogether. This is not a mom and pop shop operation, it is one of the largest and richest telecoms in the country. 

@jor123 wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

I have already submitted a ticket, and haven't heard back. Public Mobile's (lack of) service really shows when things like this happen - I set my plan to switch at the end of the last service period, and autopay is enabled and working. You would think this could happen without suspending service altogether in the process. Any other carrier, including Lucky, has reachable customer service. When you're paying to be able to use a service, that shouldn't be too much to expect. I've been a fan of PM up until now but it really goes to show you get what you pay for.

@jor123  Did you switch plans from a higher priced to lower priced plan? If yes, then it is recommended that you add the funds to cover the higher priced plan before setting up the switch because in some situations that would cause the problem that you described.

PM is not perfect and if talking to someone on the phone is important then by all means switch,  but just keep in mind that it's not always greener on the other side. 

jor123

@geopublic wrote:

@jor123 wrote:

It isn't working for me either, and conveniently the auto message is saying I don't have an active plan. Tried making a payment (autopay is on) via 611, the money got authorized on my card and did not actually get applied to the account. Can't make phone calls, texts, or use data, and can't log in to self serve. Time to switch to Lucky. 

@jor123  Before you switch to Lucky maybe submit a ticket to PM.

stpm-new.png

jor123

This page isn’t working

selfserve.publicmobile.ca didn’t send any data.

ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

@jor123 wrote:

It isn't working for me either, and conveniently the auto message is saying I don't have an active plan. Tried making a payment (autopay is on) via 611, the money got authorized on my card and did not actually get applied to the account. Can't make phone calls, texts, or use data, and can't log in to self serve. Time to switch to Lucky. 

@jor123  Before you switch to Lucky maybe submit a ticket to PM.

stpm-new.png

jerb

Same thing here. It's returning immediately, but with an empty html body. Must be set to do this when the load gets too high.

jor123

katreener

This is a pretty common error that a lot of other users are experiencing, just give it some time, and try reloading - you are not alone!

kspitzner

Me too 😞 

mlnorman

Thanks

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try using a different browser and incognito mode.  Also clear your cache and cookies then reboot.

Purplepan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Webpage is slammed due to new promotion for free 1gb and international minutes. I would suggest trying again later when there's less traffic. Or dial *611 from your phone.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@mlnorman wrote:

I'm getting a blank page when I click the My Account link. Is this page not working

@mlnorman  That happens when the site is overloaded. Try again later.

Public_Power

Be patient, or try loading at a later time. The site often loads slowly for me, (but it does always work).

Need Help? Let's chat.