cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/ is down

lukec
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Unable to login to selfserve, page is blank. Any timeline on when this will be fixed? I need it today.

22 REPLIES 22

@goldilock wrote:

@liuxinbing  Browser caches clear their own caches and cookies intermittently in addition to being able to do it manually. It could have occured on yours today. Who knows what exactly happened, do we really need to get a forensic investigator to find out?  You should be glad to have been able to use self-serve again. 

When there are certain problems like loading or formatting issues on sites, clearing cache and cookies is a known fix for certain problems.  I don't know why people got so defensive about a known solution..

I think it is not about defensiveness but rather accuracy and finesse; fitting the right solution to the problem. Though it never hurts to try, it sets up false expectations.  When a problem is known, there is little value to advocate a form of action that is known to do absolutely nothing... just like pressing the cross-walk button most often does nothing to change the timing of the traffic and pedestrian lights.

goldilock
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@liuxinbing  Browser caches clear their own caches and cookies intermittently in addition to being able to do it manually. It could have occured on yours today. Who knows what exactly happened, do we really need to get a forensic investigator to find out?  You should be glad to have been able to use self-serve again. 

When there are certain problems like loading or formatting issues on sites, clearing cache and cookies is a known fix for certain problems.  I don't know why people got so defensive about a known solution..

liuxinbing

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@liuxinbing wrote:

@goldilock wrote:

@liuxinbing  @lukec If it had to do with their server then nobody would be able to log in to self-serve however myself, and others were able to at the same time others couldn't so it's rational for them to try to clear their browser cache and restart their computer and try again. I have had no problem all day logging into self serve. I even updated my cc to my account successfully. I am not saying there aren't intermittent issues but if it was entirely a server problem then NO ONE could access it. 

ok, I never rebooted my computer (been running for over one hundred days), never closed my browser, never cleared my cache. It didn't work; then work now. Nothing done my side.

How to explain?

Stop thinking ONE server!   

Good points. ONE of the servers.

@liuxinbing wrote:

@goldilock wrote:

@liuxinbing  @lukec If it had to do with their server then nobody would be able to log in to self-serve however myself, and others were able to at the same time others couldn't so it's rational for them to try to clear their browser cache and restart their computer and try again. I have had no problem all day logging into self serve. I even updated my cc to my account successfully. I am not saying there aren't intermittent issues but if it was entirely a server problem then NO ONE could access it. 

ok, I never rebooted my computer (been running for over one hundred days), never closed my browser, never cleared my cache. It didn't work; then work now. Nothing done my side.

How to explain?

Stop thinking ONE server!   

liuxinbing

@goldilock wrote:

How to explain?

goldilock

lukec

@goldilock it was a server side issue, appears to be resolved.

@justinbeaudoin wrote:

Yet again, it's down... something seriously wrong with it I guess. Intermittent.

Someone at PM really needs to fix those trip hazards...hide the power cords already!  Then they can save on WSIB compensation 😉

justinbeaudoin
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yet again, it's down... something seriously wrong with it I guess. Intermittent.

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@liuxinbing wrote:

@goldilock wrote:

@lukec 

Clear your browser's cache and restart your computer and try again

try private/incognito mode 

try another browser on another device 

not user's fault. Nothing to do with user's cache or browser. PM needs to admit their server problem and try to improve software quality, instead of pointing to users.

Yup - hasn't been loading for me in multiple browsers, multiple devices and in and out of incognito mode. 

seems to be back up now...

someone must have tripped over the powercord and did not notice.  😕

liuxinbing

@goldilock wrote:

@lukec 

not user's fault. Nothing to do with user's cache or browser. PM needs to admit their server problem and try to improve software quality, instead of pointing to users.

RossRoy79

Managed to get in just long enough to find the code.

But I've just joined, so I was giving my code for the first time - no local copies yet.

Now it's noted in a locally accessible place.

goldilock

@lukec 

liuxinbing

@justinbeaudoin wrote:

Yeah, it's one of the biggest dislikes about PM right now is the referral code change from our phone number... for situations like this. Any chance you keep your old texts? It might be in that. I keep all mine usually... yeah I am disorganized LOL

I took a screen shot and saved to my phone. So anytime I need the reference code, it is there. Seems my phone is more reliable then the selfserve.

justinbeaudoin

And as I replied it is back up.

justinbeaudoin

Yeah, it's one of the biggest dislikes about PM right now is the referral code change from our phone number... for situations like this. Any chance you keep your old texts? It might be in that. I keep all mine usually... yeah I am disorganized LOL

liuxinbing

still down. It is on the server side, nothing users could do.

stevenn

I'm using the self-serve site right now.  Perhaps it is intermittent with too many users.

RossRoy79

Yeah, I'm seeing the exact same thing.

Hope it gets fixed soon - I need my referral code!

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Normally I'd suggest to just try to reload it again later. I'm seeing the same behaviour and don't normally see the white screen when Self Serve fails to load. Seems like something's up.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

You can do some of the procedures (renewal with your credit card on file eg) via 611, *611 or #611.

Need Help? Let's chat.