cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to solve "change sim card" option when self service account was not created before losing phone

Kiru
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there, my friend lost his phone. He is a 6 years PM customer. He got the new phone and a new SIM card, but he dis noit create selfservice account online.

Could you please help me to help him in cancelling the old SIM and activating the newone or how to create selfservice account without his lost phone.

thank you

Kiru

6 REPLIES 6

@RossN wrote:

@Anonymous @NDesai  must have been one of the lucky ones that didn't have a need too, but I do agree it unbelievable

When autopay works one need never touch the account. I know accounts 2 - 4 years old that have never had service interruptions while on autopay.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Anonymous @NDesai  must have been one of the lucky ones that didn't have a need too, but I do agree it unbelievable

Anonymous
Not applicable

@NDesai wrote:

@Kiru If your friend activated 6 years ago, then he must have access to the self-serve account. Did he move to in market plan or is he still on the grandfathered plan. He must have forgotten his login details. He can reach out to the Moderator_Team and they will reset his account details. 

I too am incredulous that someone would go 6 years without ever using their account.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Kiru If your friend activated 6 years ago, then he must have access to the self-serve account. Did he move to in market plan or is he still on the grandfathered plan. He must have forgotten his login details. He can reach out to the Moderator_Team and they will reset his account details. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kiru wrote:

Hi there, my friend lost his phone. He is a 6 years PM customer. He got the new phone and a new SIM card, but he dis noit create selfservice account online.

Could you please help me to help him in cancelling the old SIM and activating the newone or how to create selfservice account without his lost phone.

thank you

Kiru

Your friend will need to sign up in this community and then send a private message to the moderator team to get an account set up. They *might* allow you to do it on your friends behalf but you'd need to know their security details.

Need Help? Let's chat.