cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to cancel autopay after porting out ?

oglop
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I ported out my number to Telus online just now, then suddenly I can not login to public mobile my account anymore, then how can I cancel my autopay setting?

11 REPLIES 11

@Alan80 wrote:

Once the porting is done. They will just charge you any outstanding balance you have and the autopay will be cancelled automatically!

Under normal cirucumstances, there's no such thing as an outstanding balance at Public Mobile.  Public Mobile is a prepaid carrier.

Alan80
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Once the porting is done. They will just charge you any outstanding balance you have and the autopay will be cancelled automatically!

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

After a number has been successfully ported to another carrier, PM account is automatically closed. No need to worry about Autopay.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LovesToPM wrote:

So best thing to do.

If you're planning to port out or discontinue PM service, remove your credit card from PM account first.

If you forgot to do so before porting out, keep an eye out on your credit card statement to check for unexpected charge. If you see any, contact Moderators to get a refund.

I even said that would be best practice for anywhere.

Apparently refunds take several weeks but yes it would be preferred to notify the mods immediately upon realizing that one can't log in anymore so as not to need a refund at all. But even still people assume.

Like I said...it's sporadic. The assumption should be valid.

iliusfaisal
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

You don't need to cancel it as you are not with public mobile anymore. It will be automatically canceled.

So best thing to do.

If you're planning to port out or discontinue PM service, remove your credit card from PM account first.

If you forgot to do so before porting out, keep an eye out on your credit card statement to check for unexpected charge. If you see any, contact Moderators to get a refund.

@LovesToPM @ I've read at least one case as i was browsing through this community, and it was different than one i just found

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/I-have-a-friend-ported-her-nu... 

As i said it most likely won't happen but keep an eye on it @oglop 

I guess it would be good to know the account number so they can find it faster if it dues happen. You probably had it written down for port. Don't discard it yet.  If it does happen note down the transaction number from your credit card bill, it may be handy. If you have moore accounts with public keep track

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LovesToPM wrote:

@totalUser wrote:

Contact moderators

It should be all gone, but just in case it did happen before

Really, when? I was not aware this has happened.

If PM bills you in error, after you have ported out.

Write to them, and they will refund you for the error.

There have been sporadic reports. Certainly not common. Obviously customers should turn off automatic anything if they're thinking of leaving anywhere but what'r'y'gonna'do.

@totalUser wrote:

Contact moderators

Really, when? I was not aware this has happened.

If PM bills you in error, after you have ported out.

Write to them, and they will refund you for the error.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Contact moderators

If you read through history here everybody Is advised to cancel autopay and remove the card info before porting, just in case.

Keep an eye on it, if by mistake they do take money, contact the moderators they will send it bell

Is that the only account you had with public?

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@oglop wrote:

I ported out my number to Telus online just now, then suddenly I can not login to public mobile my account anymore, then how can I cancel my autopay setting?

Your PM account is closed and so your AutoPay has been terminated.

Need Help? Let's chat.