cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do I create an online account when I cannot receive text on phone

huikangli
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

my phone cannot receive text message.  I want to create an online account.  and it needs an verification code to start.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@huikangli wrote:

Hi,

my phone cannot receive text message.  I want to create an online account.  and it needs an verification code to start.

Thanks.

If you initiated porting your phone number from your old provider during activation process, the text message may go to your old SIM.  Put your old SIM card back to your phone and try the create your self-serve account again.

How long you had been waiting for incoming text or call?

If it is over 2 day, your port may be stuck, create a support ticket to get moderator to fix it.

Good luck and welcome to PM.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

@huikangli 

You could borrow a friend's phone just to receive that sms

As soon as you enter the sim you will receive your pin, I would suggest that after receiving the code you delete that conversation from your friend's phone

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@huikangli wrote:

Hi,

Thanks.

Are you saying your phone does not have the function to send/receive text messages?

If that is the case, contact a moderator.

Here’s how to contact the Moderator Team (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Choose the chat bubble in the lower right hand corner and follow the prompts.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@huikangli  A moderator can help you out. You can contact the mods one of 2 ways. Click the question mark bottom right of the browser as shown in the picture and open a ticket through the automated ticketing system;

kevenv_2-1599233493879.png

or you can contact them through direct messaging at the following link (note this way may take longer for a response);

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

In either case you should receive a reply within 48 hours though typically they are much faster. Watch the envelope icon top right for a reply.

Need Help? Let's chat.