cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hi a link to moderator please for transfer

dboxtvinfo715
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
how about transferring a number from virgin mobile but with no sim model=======i mean no access to r

hi i am wandering about a phone with no sim card it comes from virgin mobile but this phone is android waterproof no way to open it and new for me how do we transfer this number and also close virgin mobile to become public

56 REPLIES 56

golfball

I tried to transfer from Koodo and create a new account for a family member a few weeks ago and encountered an error. They are still on Koodo for now.

costco
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i am trying to transfer a koodo for over a week

good luck

dboxtvinfo715

normal to be annoyed, actually some remarks i read as response annoys me also, maybe a walk in he snow will help

dboxtvinfo715

you are correct may need to be unblocked and it was purchased nov 2019

thank you for your opinion on spamming lecture

see you all in a few days

dboxtvinfo715

poor etiquette is just a word for politicians to talk and provoke and in my perception your continuaing your etiquite public explanation and trying to creat **bleep**ty vibe

this is not spamming dry your tears

@dboxtvinfo715 wrote:

the time it took you to explain yourself on why i post so many times i take the time to ask you what do you care what i do---so please respond like you wish but i chose to respond to whomever responded. this is free country last i checked

dont feel bad, why you trying to talk about my extra posts.  so----works both ways let me waste your time by asking you is it illegal to post 

are you angry at me

will you be angry now

ya--so thanks for your input

a) More annoyed than angry because it is considered spamming, poor etiquette, to create multiple posts with the same message.

b) If you wish to thank a specific person for their post add @ with their name; for example @dboxtvinfo715 

Based on the specs I can find for your dad's phone it will work on PM once you install a SIM. Why not try your PM SIM in your dad's phone to check?

If the phone was purchased from Virgin a feww yoears ago it may need to be unlocked.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

dboxtvinfo715

your not shy

dealeror something what is that

thanks my history is i forget

dboxtvinfo715

huawei p30 lite

model mar-lx3a

found the sim card

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not angry at all. Just puzzled. You've been here as long as you have. By the sounds of your history it seems like you're some kind of dealer or something. So you kinda oughta know a few things. Where's the SIM? Seriously?

But hey we'll just go along padding our post count together. Not a problem.

dboxtvinfo715

hey--thanks i will eventually when i get home

dboxtvinfo715

the time it took you to explain yourself on why i post so many times i take the time to ask you what do you care what i do---so please respond like you wish but i chose to respond to whomever responded. this is free country last i checked

dont feel bad, why you trying to talk about my extra posts.  so----works both ways let me waste your time by asking you is it illegal to post 

are you angry at me

will you be angry now

ya--so thanks for your input

@dboxtvinfo715 wrote:

huawei p30 lite

model mar-lx3

@dboxtvinfo715 Just follow the video

dboxtvinfo715

nice and expensive too good for my dad but i think i found a sim port on top left not sure i will check it soon====i need more time coming back soon thanks for video

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dboxtvinfo715 : Why are you posting this multiple times? I thought you were a dealer or something. Wouldn't you know how to figure out wherever a SIM card might be positioned? Side slot tray, under back cover, under battery inside etc.

dboxtvinfo715

huawei p30 lite

model mar-lx3a

@dboxtvinfo715 wrote:

huawei p30 lite

model mar-lx3a

@dboxtvinfo715 If you really need to remove the sim card to say reuse the phone (it's a nice one, definitely not too old!) check out the video below. You need to keep the old sim in until it stops working and then replace it with the PM one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgwb0OqTrWQ

dboxtvinfo715

huawei p30 lite

model mar-lx3a

dboxtvinfo715

huawei p30 lite

model mar-lx3a

i first try without contract cancel

dboxtvinfo715

huawei p30 lite

model mar-lx3a

@dboxtvinfo715 wrote:

i will let you know today hopefully i am going to see my dad, but i also have another issue regarding account referal autopay does not show anymore after credit card was removed, but no more option to add it.  will get you better updates soon in few hours

@dboxtvinfo715 When you go to the payment tab in your self serve are you not seeing the page as shown below?

Screen Shot 2020-08-21 at 7.04.04 PM.png

dboxtvinfo715

i will let you know today hopefully i am going to see my dad, but i also have another issue regarding account referal autopay does not show anymore after credit card was removed, but no more option to add it.  will get you better updates soon in few hours

@dboxtvinfo715 What kind of phone is it? (Make and model). If you get a new phone, no need to worry about getting the sim out. Leave it as is until you get the message to authorize the port out to PM. When the service stops working, the account at your old provider is automatically closed, and you can use the new PM sim in a different phone as normal.

A sim is extraneous to a port. You are porting a number not a sim. You only need acknowledge the port request from your old provider.

dboxtvinfo715

😁usually i have no issue but this phone has no sim or impossible to open case, thanks for all the info will get updates as i proceed. its my dads phone

dboxtvinfo715

😃appreciate it sorry for late response

dboxtvinfo715

sorry for long delay i just got your update and text confirmation is positve news , 

dboxtvinfo715

😁seems like there is few skeptics that i maynot transfer due to not having a physical sim but you seem to say otherwise, i hope i can do it so i can close that contract and i have another phone to port but am aware of how to

not sure about phones with no sim

dboxtvinfo715

have to terminate contract with them and pay lss here

dboxtvinfo715

thats not good the phone is worth 500

@computergeek541 wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Anonymous 

Yes. Customers can port in using Self Serve (as of today).  Porting from Telus and Koodo requires the help of a moderator.

@computergeek541   Just to clarify so the new porting guidelines mean porting from Telus and Koodo now requires moderator help for both postpaid and prepaid, or still for prepaid only?

My understanding is that all porting from Telus and Koodo requires a moderator.

@computergeek541   Thanks, that is a change  from before and important information when relaying the correct information to new users.

@dabr wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Anonymous 

Yes. Customers can port in using Self Serve (as of today).  Porting from Telus and Koodo requires the help of a moderator.

@computergeek541   Just to clarify so the new porting guidelines mean porting from Telus and Koodo now requires moderator help for both postpaid and prepaid, or still for prepaid only?

My understanding is that all porting from Telus and Koodo requires a moderator.

Need Help? Let's chat.