cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hi a link to moderator please for transfer

dboxtvinfo715
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
how about transferring a number from virgin mobile but with no sim model=======i mean no access to r

hi i am wandering about a phone with no sim card it comes from virgin mobile but this phone is android waterproof no way to open it and new for me how do we transfer this number and also close virgin mobile to become public

56 REPLIES 56

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Anonymous 

Yes. Customers can port in using Self Serve (as of today).  Porting from Telus and Koodo requires the help of a moderator.

@computergeek541   Just to clarify so the new porting guidelines mean porting from Telus and Koodo now requires moderator help for both postpaid and prepaid, or still for prepaid only?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Luddite wrote:

@Anonymous  Here's the updated Help article: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

Thanks. Soooo...regulars are supposed to cruise through all the help articles every day to see if something has changed?

How about in the Announcement category - Good news! Self-serve number transferring is back! Link to the help article there. Jeez.

@Anonymous  Here's the updated Help article: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Anonymous 

Yes. Customers can port in using Self Serve (as of today).  Porting from Telus and Koodo requires the help of a moderator.

Gee...thanks for letting us know Public Mobile. Jeez. communicate much.

@Anonymous wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@dboxtvinfo715 

A moderator is not needed if you already have an open account with Public Mobile.  Existing Public Mobike customers can request number porting from another carrier (except for Telus and Koodo) by going into Self Serve and using the Plans and Add-Ons-Change phone number-transfer option.  In this case, the Virgin SIM card will need to be in a usable phone to reply to the number porting authorization text mesaage.

@computergeek541 : Umm...has this changed?

@Anonymous 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

@dboxtvinfo715 

A moderator is not needed if you already have an open account with Public Mobile.  Existing Public Mobike customers can request number porting from another carrier (except for Telus and Koodo) by going into Self Serve and using the Plans and Add-Ons-Change phone number-transfer option.  In this case, the Virgin SIM card will need to be in a usable phone to reply to the number porting authorization text mesaage.

@computergeek541 : Umm...has this changed?

@dboxtvinfo715 

A moderator is not needed if you already have an open account with Public Mobile and have an active Public Mobile SIM card to use.  Existing Public Mobile customers can request number porting from another carrier (except for Telus and Koodo) by going into Self Serve and using the Plans and Add-Ons-Change phone number-transfer option.  In this case, the Virgin SIM card will need to be in a usable phone to reply to the number porting authorization text mesaage.

Additional information added:  e-SIM cannot be used at Public Mobile. A physical Public Mobile SIM card needs to be used.

419mainstreet
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If you let us know the make and model of the phone I'm sure someone in the community can steer you in the right direction.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Complete make/model/submodel would be more useful information.

You said that it's currently working with Virgin?

dboxtvinfo715

yes its an issue phone is model huaei its my dad i will get info soon sorry for delays i dont come often and i have to pay penalty to switch to public my dad had a contract

dboxtvinfo715

ah i will triple check its my dads phone thanks for the update i find it starange phone with no sim card never done this yet

dboxtvinfo715

yes thanks but i need to use the phone with virgin mobile once cancelled it wont work with public

dboxtvinfo715

yes 3 posts in 3 min=====i come i shoot and then i come back in few days i dont live here

to be clear its new phone 2019 no sim

dboxtvinfo715

no its new phone huaei 2019

DOA

@dboxtvinfo715 wrote:

hi i am wandering about a phone with no sim card it comes from virgin mobile but this phone is android waterproof no way to open it and new for me how do we transfer this number and also close virgin mobile to become public

I don't think Virgin has had any no-SIM phones for a long time.

Are you sure there is no SIM slot on the side?

Are you sure the back can't be pried off?

The make, model and approximate age would be a big help.

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm guessing it's a watch with eSIM. No can do. The number yes. Not the ability to be a phone on Public Mobile.

@Anonymous I had not considered a watch as he said he had a "phone with no sim card". My bad, I'm falling behind the times lol.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm guessing it's a watch with eSIM. No can do. The number yes. Not the ability to be a phone on Public Mobile.

@Gunner123 wrote:

@dboxtvinfo715 hi sounds like your phone only has Esim if this is the case Public does not offer that feature 

@Gunner123 I'm guessing he has an old phone. The only phone I can think of that is esim only is the RAZR and it isn't waterproof.

Gunner123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@dboxtvinfo715 wrote:
how about transferring a number from virgin mobile but with no sim model=======i mean no access to r

@dboxtvinfo715 hi sounds like your phone only has Esim if this is the case Public does not offer that feature 

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@dboxtvinfo715 wrote:

@dboxtvinfo715 3 threads in about 3 minutes? You don't need access to the phone to port your number into Public mobile. You do need a phone that accepts a sim card to work with PM's service.

To port in your number click the chat bubble bottom right and type "port request". Again. you will need a phone that accepts sim cards AND a Public Mobile sim card.

@dboxtvinfo715 wrote:

@dboxtvinfo715 You need a phone that will accept a sim card to work with Public Mobile service. Once you port your number into Public Mobile your Virgin account should close automatically.

@dboxtvinfo715 wrote:

What make / model is the phone ?

If there's no sim slot, that phone won't work on PM network.

@dboxtvinfo715 wrote:

how about transferring a number from virgin mobile but with no sim model=======i mean no access to remove sim phone is water proof how do we transfer that 

@dboxtvinfo715 You don't need a sim to transfer a number. Now if you want to reuse that phone then you may have an issue if you can't get the sim out. What model phone are you referring to?

dboxtvinfo715

@dboxtvinfo715 wrote:

how about transferring a number from virgin mobile but with no sim model=======i mean no access to remove sim phone is water proof how do we transfer that 

What make / model is the phone ?

dboxtvinfo715

Need Help? Let's chat.