cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

getting into your account

sue-s
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Tried to access my account, positive I used the correct info but isn't working, went to forgot my password and got nowhere with it.  Anyone else have this problem.  I now have to wait an hour before trying again.

11 REPLIES 11

sue-s

Well tried again still locked out contacted mods.  yesterday so I guess will just wait.

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@sue-s wrote:

computer

As @will13am, check your spam folder for the email.

In the meantime, try this....I know it might sound crazy, but worth a check while waiting for a reply from the kewl mods...

Open up Notepad (or something similar)...

Start typing letters.....are they in uppercase?

I've had this happen to me in the past, and low and behold, the darn Caps lock was on.  

sue-s

Just checked nothing in spam folder.

sue-s

computer

@sue-s wrote:

First it said error logging in try again.  Then I got Sorry, you've exceeded the number of attempts to login into Self Serve. Please wait one (1) hour before attempting to login again.   Before I got this message I did the forgot my password, and it took me to another page where I logged my email then it did nothing.

I assume you are referring to the password reset page.  You are supposed to get a password reset email shortly after requesting a reset.  I tried it on one of my accounts a few days ago and it worked perfectly.  Can you check your spam folder to make sure the email didn't go there.  Perhaps try again.  Note these reset emails are time sensitive. 

Pizzaeh

@sue-s wrote:

First it said error logging in try again.  Then I got Sorry, you've exceeded the number of attempts to login into Self Serve. Please wait one (1) hour before attempting to login again.   Before I got this message I did the forgot my password, and it took me to another page where I logged my email then it did nothing.

Are you loggin in from a desktop computer or mobile device?

sue-s

sue-s

thank-you will do.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@sue-s, if the password reset function isn't working for you, then you have no choice but to wait to try again.  If that fails, then you need to get in touch with the moderator team to do the password reset.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

sp1826
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Try changing the web browser if possible, 

same happened to me 2 days ago, my account was not opening, just loading for like 4-5 minutes. I tried opening a few hours later at night and it was working.

if this not solve an issue, please contact moderator team. 

Pizzaeh

@sue-s wrote:

Tried to access my account, positive I used the correct info but isn't working, went to forgot my password and got nowhere with it.  Anyone else have this problem.  I now have to wait an hour before trying again.

Logged in few seconds ago, and it was lightning quick.  Earlier today, about an hour ago, it took some time to log me in.  Are you getting an error message?  What's the error message say?

Need Help? Let's chat.