cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

frustration with public mobile

adomu
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

last three hours I am trying to figure out this system and I am now regreting going this way and swiching to public mobile. I still did not figure out if I can port my cell phone form koodo to public mobile and if it is possible and how to do it. I was plannign to do the same for my wife but now definitelly will let you stay with koodo. just awful and convolutied ways. I tried to do a message to moderator team and even there when you fill it is not clear which account you need to fill it among the koodo and new public mobile one. They ask many quesitons and after I filled everythign and press submit nothing happens to indicate if it was accepted or I missed something, Just not sure what to do. Arghhh.....!@!!!$&*

5 REPLIES 5

@adomuUnfortunately unlike Koodo, Public Mobile has no official technical support when it comes to making phone to work. One would have to figure it by oneself and DIY, that's the price we all pay for lower phone bills.

adomu
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

thank you very much. I am getting somewhere but still far it seems. I activated sim card and isnerted it into my phone. I managed,  hopefuly,  to change APN settings but not sure how to delete the old ones , if they still exist in my phone, or how to make the new ones current. I did manage to send and receive text from my phone to my wife. However when i created moderator team ticket to ask for prepaid koodo to port to my phone they ask verification through sim and when I provided my new PM phone they could not send text saying the sim does not work ??!! I did manage to verify through my account and create ticket. I also am not sure how to use data plan since when I check my data plan it says 0 .  

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@adomu wrote:

last three hours I am trying to figure out this system and I am now regreting going this way and swiching to public mobile. I still did not figure out if I can port my cell phone form koodo to public mobile and if it is possible and how to do it. I was plannign to do the same for my wife but now definitelly will let you stay with koodo. just awful and convolutied ways. I tried to do a message to moderator team and even there when you fill it is not clear which account you need to fill it among the koodo and new public mobile one. They ask many quesitons and after I filled everythign and press submit nothing happens to indicate if it was accepted or I missed something, Just not sure what to do. Arghhh.....!@!!!$&*

If you are on Koodo Prepaid you need to activate a sim and then the moderators can bring your number over.  If you are on Koodo postpaid you can activate a with a temporary new number and once the service is up and running you then go into your self-serve and select change number and port in your number there.  We have many community members that have either come from Koodo and even some who took the migration offer to Koodo and have come back here.  You will like PM once you are all up and running.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@adomuThe solution is rather simple. Use a desktop browser with no adblockers.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@adomu wrote:

Just finish the activation to get the promos using a new number. You can transfer later. Git'r'done.

Need Help? Let's chat.