cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

freedom mobile sim activtion issues

g2001p
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello just got my new sim cards and im stuck on the porting my number for the freedom mobile promo i keep getting a Alternate Phone Number Regex Help error no matter what number i put in. i just want to make sure i can get the promo plan as i have a second freedom phone to port over as well.

9 REPLIES 9

Asan1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Skipp alternative phone number on the first page, then on the second page you can put any alternative phone number.

@g2001p DO NOT pick a new number; the system only activates the bonus when a Freedom number is transferred during activation.

Suggest you send  a private message to the moderator team with the following info:

• PM SIM card number
  • Freedom account number, exactly as shown on your bill.
  • Freedom phone number
  • the name, exactly as shown on your bill
  • an Alternate Phone Number; someone else’s, not your own

Keep using your Fredom SIM until the port-in completes.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

g2001p

its got the red * its on the page for porting when you have to check the number i dont have a alt number persay i'm listing my parent home line havent had a alt number is 20 years 

now i'm just wondering if i skip the port for now and activate how do i get my number ported and still get the freedom switch promo 

@MarieHelene_L

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

How about skipping the alternate number.  It is not an essential field. 

g2001p

Chrome, firefox, ms edge opera all show same issue moto x chrome brower somewhat working. i dont really care which browser i use as long as i can get this activated and ported for the promo. kinda tired of spoty signal areas lol

@g2001p wrote:

well doing it on my cell gets me pass that error now it just keep rejecting my freedom number even with the entire thing entered including the dbc part 

Ohh don't do it on your cell, its risky. Have you tried using internet explorer or edge browser?

g2001p

well doing it on my cell gets me pass that error now it just keep rejecting my freedom number even with the entire thing entered including the dbc part 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@g2001p, this has been an issue that has been happeing the last couple of days.  Sorry that you are having to deal with it. One solution that has worked for other is to go through the sign up process using an iPad or Safari as your browser.  For some reason that has just been working for members.  Good luck and keep us updated

ETA @NDesai, beat me by 7 seconds I guess I babble to much lol

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Try using private/incognito browsing mode. If possible, try it on another device such as ipad or macbook using safari browser. 

Need Help? Let's chat.