disable voicemail / call forwarding

bjenkins
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I always, every single time, want my phone to forward to my home phone when:

- busy

- no answer

- whatever else

I've noticed some prepaid providers (telcel in Mexico), won't let you use standard GSM features to update your 'call no answer' 'call unavailable' to point away from voicemail.

What happens with Public Mobile in this case?  Can I forward ALL unanswered calls, NO MATTER WHAT to my home phone?

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

jackfzhao
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
the service we have with PM is prepaid, no surprise anymore, i did use call forward, so the feature is included, no extra charge 🙂

paulie
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I used these codes to set up call forwarding / not available about a month ago.  Works well never have to worry about settings on the phone itself.

http://www.geckobeach.com/cellular/secrets/gsmcodes.php

Just be very careful about which one you enable.  You can always undo it but you don't want undesirable results.

bjenkins

Hmm.

Well, thanks to both of you... my biggest worry, call forwarding (and therefore not using voicemail on the phone) is over.

I'm guessing 'no' to call forwarding minute limitation.. but, I'd hate to run into it after a number port.  Seems like I can port at any time, so maybe I'll do a 10 day test.

dohadotahmed
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Hi, call forwarding can be managed by phone dialer settings as mentioned by @will13am without any fee as long as your call forwarded to a number that's not charge long distance.
You can setup your conditional call forwarding when
1. Busy
2. Unanswered
3. Unreachable
Or you can set it unconditional which is your call will be always forward to assigned number.
If you want to travel outside of pm roaming zone then the call forwarding option is very useful if you setup your call forwarding to a voip number like fongo and you have a local data sim or WiFi access that's how you never going to miss any call.
Also there is a setup for email to text if you want to get your email by text.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Call forwarding can be managed using the phone dialer settings.  It's pretty simple.  I don't think there's a fee for the service.  I assume the forward number is not a long distance number.  

bjenkins

Might as well ask a couple of other, related things:

1) Some providers charge for 'call forwarding minutes'.  Yes, silly as that sounds, I've run into it.  Fido around 2010, and others.

What about PM?  Is call forwarding UNLIMITED, without any per minute charges?

NOTE: sometimes it SEEMS unlimited.  But, I live waaay out in the country.  No cell phone has service here.  Yes, none.  This is why I want my cell to:

- forward to my home phone, no matter what when I don't answer, etc

- not pay call forward minutes.  Rogers, at one point, had 1000 call forwarding minutes.  This was not nearly enough in some cases... as customers sometimes will call my cell number, and a tech support call can take time.

2) Can I change the number of rings, using standard GSM features, prior to forward?

3) is there an email to text gateway?  EG <number>@pm.ca = SMS message.

I know of alternative ways, but this costs me extra (for server paging, etc).  No, I don't want to use email, I want to use SMS for that.

Thanks!

Need Help? Let's chat.