cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

difficulty logging in (I have ordered SIM card and now want to activate it)

zhbb
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have created an account and ordered a SIM card. Now I need to log into my account to activate it, but have difficulty logging in.
I tried many times, at different times and browsers, cleared cash/ history and each time received this error:
"Sorry, your login attempt failed. Please try again."
I pressed "Forgot password" to reset the password but receive this error:
Sorry, we’re unable to verify your email address.

ALL help gates ask for my public mobile number that I don't have at this point!

This is really disappointing!
I appreciate any help.

8 REPLIES 8

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@zhbb  Your selfserve account gets created during activation. So you will need to wait until your card arrives before you can set it up.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi @zhbb 

You will have to wait for your sim to arrive before you can activate and register for selfserve

Welcome to Publicmobile

Anonymous
Not applicable

And doing all this online will set up the self-serve account. You already have the community account which is a separate account. Make sure to use the same email address here as you do during activation. Or change this one to the one you use for activation.

You probably already have a bunch of referral codes in your inbox here but if not just ask. Or don't forget to use one during activation.

zblackma
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@zhbb the account created when ordering your sim card is a temporary one. Your permanent account is created when you activate your sim. 

@zhbb No account needs to be created to order a sim card, but that account is only for ordering a sim card.

An online Self Serve account cannot be created without first activating service.

You need to be going to activate.publicmobile ca 

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@zhbb 

You cant create an account before Activating. You first need to activate your SIM card then open an account with your public mobile phone number. 

If you dont have a referal code make sure to ask for one from a member here by sending them a provate message. 

Welcome to public mobile. 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@zhbb hi you can sign up for a new account here https://activate.publicmobile.ca/

Need Help? Let's chat.