cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dead sim card, can't terminate service

pentamero
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My sim card died, and there seems no way to contact PublicMobile.ca to cancel service to 403-xxx-xxxx.    It seems my email was never set up with them.  No working sim, and no email means I can't contact their billing department. 

I got a new cell plan from PublicMobile, but don't want to be charged for the old plan. Hitting #611 on the new cell plan only seems to affect the new number, not the old account.

I need this fixed, or I will abandon PublicMobile entirely by telling VISA to disallow all automated billings.

Edit: Edited by NDesai to remvoe ph number. 

4 REPLIES 4

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@pentamero 

If you activated your old plan online, you self-serve account should be created.

Use your email address to login to your account to disable the autopay and remove the credit card info.

If you forget your password, you can reset your password if you remember the answer of your security question during activation.  You need to send a private message to moderator for help.

You need your phone number and PIN # to verify you are the ovner of your old account.  Check your text messages on your phone send by PM using 611 for your PIN #.  

Don't know your pin?--PM will ask for any 3 of the following:
- Complete mailing address,
- Email address,
- Alternate phone number,
- Date of birth,
- Last top up date & amount

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

You can check your emails if you can see the email from public mobile at the beginning...you will see your email and info in it for your self serve account.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

Hello @pentamero 

First hide your phone number...click on the 3 dots right up in your message...no personal info here ..public forum..

Your self serve account is set up IF you have set up it

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

If you never set up your self serve account, only the moderator team (= Public Mobile Customer Service) can help with this.

Use this link to send a private message to the @Moderator_Team.

More information on contacting the mods: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder...

Edit: For future reference, if you set up your self serve account you can just change your SIM card number. No need to cancel plans etc.

Need Help? Let's chat.