cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit card

LouiseaGillam
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How do I update credit card information?

20 REPLIES 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

@samsonnenschein : Many thousands of customers go on with their lives without a thought. They set it up no problem. It keeps on ticking.

I'm perplexed that the activation payment card entry screen is way easier than the account entry.

But the entered address has to match that of the billing address.

Some time ago I was having trouble with a card. Called them. They couldn't figure it out...wait...she found a peculiar space in front of an initial. I can't be certain that was really it as it was so long ago.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@samsonnenschein wrote:

Completely Amateur especially for an only self-serve platform. 

@samsonnenschein 

yeah, go sign in to Self-Serve, to review your account,

samsonnenschein

Completely Amateur especially for an only self-serve platform. 

@desquerre 

Contacting the moderators and having them update your credit card info can alleviate any difficulties you are having updating the card yourself. After they update it make a payment as much as your plan amount or as little as $1 to ensure autopay will not fail if a successful test payment is made.

@desquerre wrote:

Good afternoon - June 30th,2021

My credit card expires in July. I tried to update the info doing several steps:

You can try to replace your CC (remove old, add 'new' even though 'new' is the same as 'old' with different expiry date)::

Make sure to do the following to avoid the common glitches that sometimes occur with this process:

Clear your browser's cache & cookies

Use incognito mode

Select "Manage My Card"

Select "Replace card"

Type your address exactly as from your billing statement

Don't use a space in the postal code

Use ALL CAPS if necessary

Type everything, not letting autofill complete any fields

Anonymous
Not applicable

@desquerre : It's likely that you've now locked out card functions but you could also wait about an hour and see if some of the options mentioned might work. But otherwise you'll need to contact the moderators as mentioned.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@desquerre 

i suggest you can try it for a different Browser
and clear cache and cookies for any Browser,

and use a Browser from your computer,
and just make sure your Browser is up to date update
sometime is the Browser is not update is give a issue.

and Restart your computer, is will help.

and if you use a home internet please do one thing take it your power internet for about a minute and put it back, Restart your device is will help,

just make sure your credit card number and your address match the same one ,

your typing and sometime you type it but is a one word or letter or number is a wrong or is missing just make sure for it.

Set Up AutoPay

Setting up AutoPay means that you earn $2 every 30 days!To set up AutoPay, sign in to your Self-Serve account, select the ‘Payment’ tab, then ‘Register for AutoPay’. From here, you can sign up for AutoPay or remove the feature, if you no longer want payments to automatically occur. If you would like to change the card that is automatically charged, scroll to the bottom of the ‘Payment’ tab, then select ‘Manage my card’. This will allow you to update or remove your credit or Visa Debit card.

and if still not can't fix it please you have to Submit a ticket to customer service by Moderator Team,

Only one way to solve your issue , explanation to customer service by Moderator Team

and the are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s how to contact customer service by Moderator Team,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click HERE to get started.
  • or you can send a private message to Moderator Team  by Click HERE
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number,
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • explanation to them nice Team and nice service.

Good Luck

desquerre

Good afternoon - June 30th,2021

My credit card expires in July. I tried to update the info doing several steps:

1. go to my account => Payment tab => make a payment => register my credit card => did not work

2. go to my account => Payment tab => make a payment => register for autopay => did not work

Each time I get a message " Unable to Process Transaction
Sorry, your credit card transaction was denied by your card issuer, so this purchase could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged. Please contact your card issuer for more information."

I did contact my bank, my name on card is exactly what I filled in, same for address, credit card number etc. My bank did NOT block any transactions. I actually used exactly that card, it is just expiry date change. I did not have any issue at the 1st time when I subscribe to the plan. 

I also check all the Community discussion regarding that issue. I tried different recommandations such as : using a different browser, using a incognito window, etc, nothing changes, nothing help! Can someone come back to me please? thank you! 

rogerrulez
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Okay thanks I will try that. 

@rogerrulez 

This is a common problem.

Follow this method when making a manual payment/adding a card to the account....only use the emboldened portion of the instructions if the payment card is already on file.

1. Reboot your device.
  2. Clear your browser, use secret/incognito mode in firefox, chrome or safari.
  3. Choose replace card rather than remove card.
  4. Copy your address from your billing statement.
  5. Add your apt/unit/suite # to the street address. ie. 101-123 1ST AVE W, CITY, PROV.
  6. Do not put a space in the postal code. X0X0X0 not X0X 0X0.
  7. USE ALL CAPS if necessary.
  8. Do not use autofill. Type everything manually.

Once you successfully update your card do not attempt your payment immediately. Log out/in then go to make a payment to pay for your renewal. Otherwise if you were not suspended I would recommend a $1 test payment. Follow my further instructions for a successful payment to unsuspend your account.

Do not try more than two attempts at adding a card or payments ( successful or not) or you will continue to get this message. Wait at least 1 hour to try a third time another hour for your 5th try....and so on....and do not make more than 4 unsuccessful tries with the same card in a 24 hour period or you will trigger a fraud alert lock out requiring assistance from the moderators.

Go to make a payment. Choose the "other amount" option and add $1 more than the amount owing and submit the payment. If that is successful go back to your overview page and if it does not say active  click on the reactivate button. If that works log out and reboot. If that does not work and your payment is in your balance rather than showing $1 then go to the usage or plans page. Click on lost/stolen and suspend your service. Log out/in. Resume your service. Your balance should now be $1. Log out and reboot

@rogerrulez wrote:

My credit card won't register. I called my credit card company and they say everything is good on their end. They say it's the company's problem. They told be they seen the transaction and it was denied by public mobile.
How can i get it registered !! ?

@rogerrulez 

The payment system is finicky at times.  Try again in one hour.  Clear cache, incognito mode or a different web browser.

Make sure the name and address exactly matches your credit card billing address. Don't autofill the information.  With postal code, you can try without space after the first 3 digits or with a space also.  

If your account is inactive and you really need service, you can buy a payment voucher either in store or online (recharge.com - service fee applies) and pay immediately and sort the credit card issue later.  

If still issues, you may need to contact moderator to register credit card.  It will take a few hours for response.  

Click on the chat bubble icon on the right lower corner of website to start ticketing process to contact moderator.  Type: doesn't recognize credit card. Follow the prompts to submit ticket.  

rogerrulez
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

My credit card won't register. I called my credit card company and they say everything is good on their end. They say it's the company's problem. They told be they seen the transaction and it was denied by public mobile.
How can i get it registered !! ?

@mobileguy wrote:

I got a text message saying to update my card.  Had to change the Expiry Date.  I'm on Autopay so glad I got the reminder.  I chose the "Replace" option.  Hopefully, that was the correct option.  There was also the "Remove" option where I read on some posts afterwards was the better way to go. 

@mobileguy    Yes either option works well when changing/updating cards, I've never had any problems with either one.   The only difference I noticed after trying both was that when "Replace" option is used, the autopay stays intact, however, if you opt for "Remove" option, then the autopay also gets removed and needs to be enabled/reactivated again.

@getbest wrote:

Hi, manage my card needs to be in the same level as "one time payment" and "manage autopay" or inside these two. Current link is not noticeable. I got lost 4-5 times before I come to this Q&A link.

Thanks!

@Isabelle_C 

getbest

Hi, manage my card needs to be in the same level as "one time payment" and "manage autopay" or inside these two. Current link is not noticeable. I got lost 4-5 times before I come to this Q&A link.

Thanks!

@mobileguy wrote:

I got a text message saying to update my card.  Had to change the Expiry Date.  I'm on Autopay so glad I got the reminder.  I chose the "Replace" option.  Hopefully, that was the correct option.  There was also the "Remove" option where I read on some posts afterwards was the better way to go. 

Should be fine...try adding $1 to your Available Funds using your on-file card.

mobileguy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Log into your account / Payment / Manage my Card (bottom of page). You can delete old card and add new.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

To update or remove your credit or Visa debit card details, sign in to Self-Serve. Once signed in, click on the ‘Payment’ tab, then scroll to the bottom of the page and select ‘Manage my card’. Here, you will have the option to either select ‘Replace this card’, where you can enter the details for your new card, or ‘Remove this card’. You will need to review and confirm this change to your account and then you’re all set..Remember,  accepted credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express) and Visa Debit cards that have been issued by Canadian or American financial institutions and are associated with addresses in Canada or the U.S. If you are using a payment card, leave the apartment/suite number in the payment information section blank.

@LouiseaGillam wrote:

There isn't an actual "update" feature.  Go into your self serve account and click on "manage my card".  To update your expiry date, all of the infromation needs to be re-entered.

Need Help? Let's chat.