I got a new phone and inserted a new SIM

23 REPLIES 23

oglat
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I'm really glad you found it:)

hockeykong
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

after just a few minutes my service has been restored.

I just could not find the switch.  It wasn't that far burried in web pages.  It's just me, sorry.

Thank you.

hockeykong

I finally found the switch I used to suspend the account, so that people could not use my lost phone:

"My Profile" / "Plan and Add-Ons" / "Lost/Stolen Phone":  [Suspend Service]

I switched it back.  I have no idea how long it will take from here.  I'll just keep on trying to call.

Thank you all for your help.

hockeykong

I did that.

I'm a little late to the party but does the poster mean this?chgsim.PNG

See if the right sim is registered.

hockeykong

There is nothing wrong with the SIM card and I did, as far as I know all the registering of it necessay to make the phone work.  The problem could have two (2) causes:

1) the action I took, a button I pushed, a switch I activated, which disabled/suspented the service.  I can't even remember if this switch was on my phone or on my account's web page.  I think it was your web page.

or

2) the hard reset, without making some changes beforehand (I forget which they are).

After the reset I had a Koodo employee get it accessible, using its apps, changing settings.  The main telephone screen was never displayed.  Instead there was this loop with three steps, round and round.  He didn't even know himself how he did it, because I wanted to know.  Anyway he fixed it so now I can push buttons on the display, while before that I could not do anything, only use the harware buttons.

hockeykong

Yes.  Not silly, happens all the time that we forget the most obvious.

Thanks.

hockeykong

You say "another SIM" but I just inserted a newly purchased SIM card at Walmart in my new phone and registered it with Public Mobile.  I don't know what number you are talking about when you say "change the number in the account".

Thanks for the help.

hockeykong

It was lost.  I lost it.

@hockeykong, these two threads have been merged.

Jackhyf63

@hockeykong you can have your account deactivated for up to 90 days before it is deleted. Any time before then you can just get another SIM and change the number in the account, report your phone as found, and reactivate the account with the same phone number and rewards, with no fees to reactivate.

@hockeykong wrote:

Hi,

I got a new phone and inserted a newly purchased Public Mobile SIM card in it.

I did a hard reset without performing the necessary steps beforehand. Before I knew I had to do these steps, I flipped a switch somewhere, I think in my account overview's web page.  Now I can't make or receive calls or texts.  Whenever I try to make a call I get an answering system telling me to call *611.  When I call this number I am told, again by a recording, that I have to use you web site.

I don't know what to do now.  I need help.  One week without a working phone.

Thank you in advance.

@hockeykong Any reason why you didn't use your old sim in your new phone? Did you lose your phone/sim and this is a replacement. If yes, then you need to make sure that when you access your selfserve a account and select the change sim card option you have entered the new number correctly.

@hockeykongJust a silly question when you said you insert a newly purchased SIM, you did activate the card first right?

oglat

How long has your account been suspended

If your account is suspended for less than 90 days you can change the sim from your self serve. If you don't have access to self serve you can contact moderators too help you gain the access https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

If it has been more than 90 days you can open new account https://activate.publicmobile.ca/ don't forget to use the referral code from your friend or family member

hockeykong

I'll try posting an image of the page.  Thanks.

hockeykong

Samsung Galaxy J1(6)

hockeykong

It's a Galaxy J1(6).  I assumed it is since it is a more recent version of the same I had before.

goldilock
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The only advice I could offer is to send a private message to a moderator for assistance if other posts are not successful for you. Here's the lnk:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Did you check to make sure your new phone is compatible with PM ?  https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-started You need to setup a new account.

https://activate.publicmobile.ca/

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Can you post a s reenshot of your account page?

What phone are you using? Did it work on bell telus network before? 

hockeykong

Hi,

I got a new phone and inserted a newly purchased Public Mobile SIM card in it.

I did a hard reset without performing the necessary steps beforehand. Before I knew I had to do these steps, I flipped a switch somewhere, I think in my account overview's web page.  Now I can't make or receive calls or texts.  Whenever I try to make a call I get an answering system telling me to call *611.  When I call this number I am told, again by a recording, that I have to use you web site.

I don't know what to do now.  I need help.  One week without a working phone.

Thank you in advance.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Missed a payment? After your plan expires, all you need to do is top-up your balance to keep the current plan going. You have up to 90 days to make a payment and, after doing so, your payment cycle will restart and your service will resume.After 90 days of non-payment, your account will be permanently deactivated, which means you will:

• Lose access to your phone number, and won’t be able to transfer it to a new provider in the future.
  • Need a new Public Mobile SIM card if you decide to activate a new Public Mobile account.

Are you able to activate a new account ?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I am not sure what your problem is.  Care to provide more detail.

Need Help? Let's chat.