change user id

Newbury2015
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

how do i change user id

7 REPLIES 7

Spoiler

@esjliv wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@softech : No. They're entirely separate systems. I suspect there's a script that runs on the 6th of each month (or thereabouts) that sweeps through all id's in the community and computes the level of reward they might get based on the last month's activity. Then it looks at the email address to link to the self-serve to apply the reward. No link. No reward. That email link is also apparently case sensitive.

You can change the community email address at whim. You can change the _login_ id of the self-serve using an unadvertised back door but it doesn't change an internal account email address. I haven't tested or heard if changing that login id would work for the reward link. It doesn't work for a password change though.

@Anonymous 

"email link is also apparently case sensitive." really?, interesting..I am guessing some are not showing as linked, if this is the case.

"change the _login_ id of the self-serve using an unadvertised back door". another tidbit of info.  🤔

Upper and lower case doens't matter for e-mail address but does for password when logging in.  It only needs to match for Community reward. 

@Anonymous wrote:

@softech : No. They're entirely separate systems. I suspect there's a script that runs on the 6th of each month (or thereabouts) that sweeps through all id's in the community and computes the level of reward they might get based on the last month's activity. Then it looks at the email address to link to the self-serve to apply the reward. No link. No reward. That email link is also apparently case sensitive.

You can change the community email address at whim. You can change the _login_ id of the self-serve using an unadvertised back door but it doesn't change an internal account email address. I haven't tested or heard if changing that login id would work for the reward link. It doesn't work for a password change though.

@Anonymous 

"email link is also apparently case sensitive." really?, interesting..I am guessing some are not showing as linked, if this is the case.

"change the _login_ id of the self-serve using an unadvertised back door". another tidbit of info.  🤔

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

if it is the community account then change the email address of the first one that you would abandon and create your new one using the same email address. The community rewards are linked by email address (case too) to the self-serve address. So if you wish to earn any community rewards then they need to be the same.

@Anonymous,  if my SelfSeve and Community accounts both have email abcd@gmail.com.  When I first change my Community account email to  xyz@gmail.com.  The system won't be "smart enough to linked xyz@gmail with abcd@gmail (SelfServe)?  They were previously linked...?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Newbury2015 : And if it is the community account then change the email address of the first one that you would abandon and create your new one using the same email address. The community rewards are linked by email address (case too) to the self-serve address. So if you wish to earn any community rewards then they need to be the same.

@Newbury2015 wrote:

how do i change user id

if it's for Community, it's probably easier to just start a new account.

If you're asking about your self serve account, you'll need to open a ticket by going to: https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

@RossN 

Please note that customers should be directed to using SIMon. While the method that you pointed to will work, the service will be slower. Also, SIMon has a specific form for this request. Sending a private message will make things harder for the customer as the moderator will not have the necessary information required to perform the request.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@e talking about your self serve you 

need to contact a moderator to help you can do so by clicking the chat bubble at the lower right corner,to avoid going around in circles with Simon say that you want a human to speak to, a ticket will then be generated briefly mention your issue change email

you should get a response between 2 to 48 hours a reply should show up in your little envelope in the top right corner, you can also  send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here

Need Help? Let's chat.