cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change of plan question - rewards

stookie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi friends, I have 90 days plan for $120. I have rewards in $18 every 3 months. What would happen to those $18 I am getting quarterly assuming I will change my plan to monthly $40 one? Would $18 become divided by 3 and will I keep getting $6 rewards monthly after change of plan? Thank you for your answer. 20200731 23 33 37.jpg20200801 12 15 03.jpg

12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok. Re-reading the thread...OP says he does not have autopay (why? 🙂 ) All things remaining the same = $6 of rewards for his 30 day change.

poppings post uses some somewhat confusing (to me) language. Perhaps he had misunderstood that the OP doesn't/didn't/won't have autopay. He would still get his $6 because nothing's changing.

@stookie: why not set up autopay? Run out and buy one of those prepaid "credit" card gift cards and register it to your account. Spend it out elsewhere. Leave it with zero balance...still collect the $2 free reward upping your new rewards to a whole $8 rather than just the $6. Continue renewing the way you apparently are now. But you're saving $2.

@Anonymous wrote:

@AE_Collector wrote:

@popping 

I guess I am dense today but I don't follow that. I thought whatever reward you have on a 90 day plan it was exactly three times the 30 day reward.

AE_Collector

I'm not sure his statements are correct either.

The community rewards need to be earned each month.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AE_Collector wrote:

@popping 

I guess I am dense today but I don't follow that. I thought whatever reward you have on a 90 day plan it was exactly three times the 30 day reward.

AE_Collector

I'm not sure his statements are correct either.

@popping 

AE_Collector

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@stookie wrote:

@will13am Hello, I do not have autopay and I am not planning to have it. So would this still be $6 monthly? Thanks. I am aware of losing LTE. I am OK with that. I just use data for skype or some browsing. No video. I have permanently LTE off as in my area is not good signal anyway.

If you do not have autopay enabled with your 90 days plan, you will continue to have $6 credit per 30 days.

If you have autopay enabled with your 90 days plan, you will get only $4 credit per 30 days if you disable autopay after switching to 30 days plan.

@stookie whatever you are getting the $18 for will be divided by 3 to give you $6 per 30 day cycle.  Stay safe. 

stookie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@will13am Hello, I do not have autopay and I am not planning to have it. So would this still be $6 monthly? Thanks. I am aware of losing LTE. I am OK with that. I just use data for skype or some browsing. No video. I have permanently LTE off as in my area is not good signal anyway.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@stookie , I have the same legacy plan as you do.  Be warned that when transitioning to the 30 day plan, the amount of rewards accumulated will show based on 90 day renewal but it will be reduced by a factor of 3 because the renewal is only for 30 days and not 90 days.  As an example, you will see $6 for auto pay reward but will only be credited with $2 on renewal.  All this makes sense when you think about it.  Another thing to consider is that you will lose full LTE speed if you give up the legacy plan.  This is what has kept me from switching.  Also, the flexibility of having my data run over a 90 day interval instead of 30.  Hope this helps to make an informed decision.  

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@stookie 

Rewards are linked to you account.  Therefore, you can change your plan and continue to receive $6($18/3) reward credit every 30 days.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@stookie wrote:

Hi friends, I have 90 days plan for $120. I have rewards in $18 every 3 months. What would happen to those $18 I am getting quarterly assuming I will change my plan to monthly $40 one? Would $18 become divided by 3 and will I keep getting $6 rewards monthly after change of plan? Thank you for your answer. 20200731 23 33 37.jpg20200801 12 15 03.jpg

Correct...the rewards will be every 30 days instead of 90 days....so instead of $18...it'll show up as $6 rewards on renewal day.

shep22
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@stookie hi yes you would continue to get your rewards just on a 30 day cycle instead of 120 days  so it would be 6 every 30 days 😁

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@stookie That seems to be correct. Divide current rewards by 3.

Need Help? Let's chat.