cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

change cell phone number

If I want to change phone number, Transfer a wireless or wireline number from another provider, How much do I need to pay for ?

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: change cell phone number

Nothing to public mobile. You can change your number free of charge once every 30 days. You can port in or pick new one

Mayor / Maire

@francis100 wrote:

If I want to change phone number, Transfer a wireless or wireline number from another provider, How much do I need to pay for ?

@francis100  Public Mobile does not charge to port you number from another provider. Click on the ? And type porting my number fir more info.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@francis100  nothing, just log in to your self serve account and click on change number and then continue from there! It's all free  you can only change your number once every month 

Thanks,If transfer a wireless or wireline number from another provider,How long will it take?

GR
Mayor / Maire

@francis100  if it's a cell number usually a few hours, a landline usually a few days and a VoIP account can take up to 7 business days

Mine was immediately (5 or so minutes).  However they say give or take an hour.

Mayor / Maire

@francis100You don't need to pay on Public Mobile's end, however some places like VOIP providers would charge you a fee to release the number.

Also while wireless transfer takes hours.. landline transfers usualy take days.. and voip transfers take weeks... so have backup plans in place.

Screen Shot 2019-09-08 at 8.42.47 PM.pngPorting number to Public Mobile