cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change cell phone number

francis100
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If I want to change phone number, Transfer a wireless or wireline number from another provider, How much do I need to pay for ?

14 REPLIES 14

@darlicious wrote:

@computergeek541  I just seem to be 2 min too late to the party today. Nothing to add.

Instead of me spending the rest of my night logged in here, I probably should finish off the tv shows that I'm catching up on. I'm not sure how successful I'll be at that.

@computergeek541  I just seem to be 2 min too late to the party today. Nothing to add.

@zhixiang wrote:

@totalUser wrote:

Nothing to public mobile. You can change your number free of charge once every 30 days. You can port in or pick new one

I am new to PM. I saw this reply.

every 30 days means literary every 30 days or each calendar month?

Thanks Much.

Nothing is ever by the month at Public Mobile except for maybe the calculation of community rewards. 30 days means litteraly 30 days.

zhixiang

@totalUser wrote:

Nothing to public mobile. You can change your number free of charge once every 30 days. You can port in or pick new one

I am new to PM. I saw this reply.

every 30 days means literary every 30 days or each calendar month?

Thanks Much.

JdmMama

You don't have to pay anything to Public Mobile for a transfer (port) or a new number. However, your previous wireless provider may charge you a fee for a couple different reasons.

1. You have an un-paid balance of a device.

2. You were on contract and you are breaking the contract to move to Public Mobile.

3. You ceased the contract part way through your billing cycle.

There may be more but it's all I can think of for now.

Cheers

PinkRoadCone

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@francis100You don't need to pay on Public Mobile's end, however some places like VOIP providers would charge you a fee to release the number.

Also while wireless transfer takes hours.. landline transfers usualy take days.. and voip transfers take weeks... so have backup plans in place.

Porting number to Public MobilePorting number to Public Mobile

PinkRoadCone

Mine was immediately (5 or so minutes).  However they say give or take an hour.

@francis100  if it's a cell number usually a few hours, a landline usually a few days and a VoIP account can take up to 7 business days

francis100

Thanks,If transfer a wireless or wireline number from another provider,How long will it take?

PinkRoadCone

GR
Mayor / Maire

@francis100  nothing, just log in to your self serve account and click on change number and then continue from there! It's all free  you can only change your number once every month 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@francis100 wrote:

If I want to change phone number, Transfer a wireless or wireline number from another provider, How much do I need to pay for ?

@francis100  Public Mobile does not charge to port you number from another provider. Click on the ? And type porting my number fir more info.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Need Help? Let's chat.