cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cant change plans

evanwcormack
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I tried to change my plan yesterday before the autopay went through but when I go to thr change plans page it doesnt show my current plan or give me any options to change it. when I click on the more options link it gives me an error message designed for the developers/administrators of the website. why is there always issues like this? why is this company so poorly managed?

25 REPLIES 25

evanwcormack

It appears to be functional again, thank you for the heads up. Still haven't heard back from any moderators. Time to find a new service, this is far too unreliable for me now. I am not risking my livelihood again like this, what a joke.

@evanwcormack 

You may want to try the change plan tab again under self serve.

It appears to be functioning and will display the various plans that you can change to. 

evanwcormack

I did thanks. I used simon to create a ticket and I used the form to message a moderator directly as well. just been waiting for a response. I appreciate the suggestions, someone mentioned both of those 11 hours ago and I did them right away. Thank you. I was referring to the asking if I had refreshed my browser/changed browsers/erased cookies etc. as being redundant, not about using simon to make a ticket. thanks though!

@evanwcormack 

I understand you don't like to use Simon to open ticket, but we suggested you can message them directly:  

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

you have tried yet?  hope you did.  

evanwcormack

I get it, but asking me the same questions that have already been answered is a waste of everyone's time. Not trying to be rude.

@evanwcormack 

We are all customers like you here on this public forum. Your only option is to place a ticket with the public mobile moderators, if the plan Change option is not working.

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type moderator assistance, then select account-related issue, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

@evanwcormack wrote:

If you read back I said I cant wait several days and need it fixed asap

If you can't do it yourself, you'll have to wait for a moderator's help. I know that's not your fault but we're customers here and can't speed up the service that you get.

evanwcormack

If you read back I said I cant wait several days and need it fixed asap

@evanwcormack  if you are no rush to change, avoid to do today and try again tomorrow or next week.  Not sure if the system issue is resolved yet.

Of course if your renewal date is tomorrow or coming up really soon, you might not have a choice then  😞

evanwcormack

I have tried that and it didnt work. if you read back someone already suggested this and I said it didnt work

Try another browser...if that fails wait a day if that is ok with you or contact a MOD. 

evanwcormack

I cant do either

There are two options to change your plan.

1. Right now and that resets your payment date and you could loose a few bucks. 

2. At your next renewal 

Which one are you choosing?

@evanwcormack....

until the moderators can fix the current glitches....download the free TextNow app. You'll be able to make calls and texts for free using your wifi. There seems to be wifi everywhere nowadays.

@evanwcormack wrote:

I dont know what you do but having a phone is required of me, why would I wait an unknown amount of time without a service and without reimbursement for my unused days? the chat robot has never worked for me either. I have continuously had a 100% fail rate for it helping me.

@evanwcormack 

Try the non chatbot way.

Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

@evanwcormack wrote:

I dont know what you do but having a phone is required of me, why would I wait an unknown amount of time without a service and without reimbursement for my unused days? the chat robot has never worked for me either. I have continuously had a 100% fail rate for it helping me.

@evanwcormack SIMon bot can be annoying.

Go the Private message route directly to the Moderator:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

evanwcormack

Anonymous
Not applicable

first do a Clear your browser's cache.
or try a different browser
if you still not working with you
you have to
Submit a ticket to a moderator.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • or you can send a private message to the @Moderator_Team by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• In your message put it, please include.
  • your account number,
  • your phone number,
  • your account PIN,
  • explanation to them nice Team and nice service 💐

• Good Luck🌺

@evanwcormack wrote:

I have been trying for 2 days to change my plan, it wont even show my current plan. I need a phone service

So here's the thing, @evanwcormack 

Last weekend, Public Mobile was also doing some behind the scenes work which also caused the Plan Change function to not work.

The best thing you can do is WAIT for this temporary work to stop, then the plans will populate under the tab.

If you wish to request that Public Mobile do this (if the feature is not displaying for you), ask their Moderators to process the change.

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type moderator assistance, then select account-related issue, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

@evanwcormack....

top of page, click Get Help, then Chat with Simon to start process of moderator assistance. It could take a day before you hear back from them. The little envelope icon on top right side of page will be highlighted when they do respond to you.

@evanwcormack wrote:

I have been trying for 2 days to change my plan, it wont even show my current plan. I need a phone service

@evanwcormack  - 2 days! eek and still not working?

Go to Moderators if those fixes are not doing anything. Sorry this is being so annoying, it would frustrate me too.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

1 -  Faster Method - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right hand side of your screen, or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower Method - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

evanwcormack

I did all of those things and it didnt work

evanwcormack

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@evanwcormack wrote:

I tried to change my plan yesterday before the autopay went through but when I go to thr change plans page it doesnt show my current plan or give me any options to change it. when I click on the more options link it gives me an error message designed for the developers/administrators of the website. why is there always issues like this? why is this company so poorly managed?

@evanwcormack 

Clear your browser's cache.

Try a different browser.

Open a tab in incognito mode.

...and/or try again later.

These are things to always try when having finicky Self Serve issues.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

so, you went back today and you still see your old plan there?

They have some issue with Autopay this morning, I am not sure if it is a good time to change plan today.  Maybe try again tomorrow?  especially if you are going to pick change plan at the end of the current month, if that is the case, it wouldn't be any difference to wait another day.. 

I think the site has some issue with the timeout setting.  If the backend is slow and the front end timed out, it will get all kind of unexpected result.

Need Help? Let's chat.