cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't reset account password or use " forgot password " link

krs
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I can't reset my account password. the system has me blocks. I can't use the "forgot password" link " forgot password " I get a message that says I have to contact you guys.

24 REPLIES 24

Dannyc1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Same thing happened to me yesterday. I contacted them and they sent me a new Password which didn't work than i had to wait another twelve hours for them to reply and send me a reset password link which also didn't work. I have now been waiting another six hours for them to reply. I have no service and have asked them to activate my account until they fix their site but still no response. Ridiculous 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@krs wrote:

This is the best service I've had in a while. I will stay with the community to learn more. Thank you everyone. You guys are not CSRs, but you are all awesome. Thank you again.

How'd you make out with your SIM trimming?

krs

This is the best service I've had in a while. I will stay with the community to learn more. Thank you everyone. You guys are not CSRs, but you are all awesome. Thank you again.

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I been locked out like you too and I needed to write to Moderator Team to unblock it too, so the sooner you write them the sooner they'll reply and help you.

krs

Blue life one x3 unlocked double SIM

Anonymous
Not applicable

@krs wrote:

Not a 3 - 1 SIM. I will have to trim it to fit.

Some say it's risky. Others say it's fine if done well.

Did you get another SIM? If the trimming doesn't work then when you regain access to your account then it's just a simple matter of running the Change SIM function in the self-serve.

Edit: what make/model phone did you get? Is it unlocked? Is it used and possibly on the blacklist?

krs

Not a 3 - 1 SIM. I will have to trim it to fit.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@krs wrote:

New phone and SIM to be entered:

1) phone is damaged and need to replace

2) got new phone and new phone supports nano SIM. I currently have a Micro SIM3) need access to enter new phone ESN and SIM

You weren't able to salvage the SIM out of the old phone?

You might have the 3-in-1 punch out SIM. You can click out the nano from the micro.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@krsYou can easily trim your micro SIM into a nano SIM (detailed instructions here).. then you can skip the need of having to activate your SIM card via selfserve.. hence you can get back on your feet sooner.

krs

New phone and SIM to be entered:

1) phone is damaged and need to replace

2) got new phone and new phone supports nano SIM. I currently have a Micro SIM3) need access to enter new phone ESN and SIM

@krs wrote:

OK, being a former CSR, I understand your answer. OK, no more complaining. Let's try to get me a solution to gaining access to my account

When I try to use the "forgot password" link, I get a message to contact Armin

That  the password reset is blocked, old password is no longer valid. Can we solve this???

@krs You need to contact the PM moferator team. The sooner the better.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@krs wrote:

I need access to update my new SIM number

While the shortcut to know the status of your account is a valid one...did you lose your SIM? Phone? Both? How long ago?

If it has been more than 90 days then your account is dead.

Edit: after your recent post...unfortunately the 611 service can't help you with that. So you'll need to wait to regain access to your account.

krs

The account is valid

krs

I need access to update my new SIM number

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@krsMake sure your account is still valid by dialing *611 first. If it is you will need to contact the Moderators via this link. No point contacting the Moderators if your account is not valid.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@krs wrote:

OK, being a former CSR, I understand your answer. OK, no more complaining. Let's try to get me a solution to gaining access to my account

That  the password reset is blocked, old password is no longer valid. Can we solve this???

No. Only the moderators can unblock your log in.

Again...what are you trying to do that you need into your self-serve?

What's your history here? What's your story?

krs

Fantastic

krs

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@krsThis is unfortunately not Telus... it is a bare bone sub brand of Telus. Telus these days would be business class.. this is cattle class. Oh in case you are confused, we are all just general users here and not Public Mobile employees.. the employees are off the clock now.

Can you access your voice menu? If so you can still pay your bills / activate your account.. if not, it might means your account is no longer valid.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@krs wrote:

I waited 3 times and nothing. This is frustrating

Things at telus are just getting worse since I left 11 years ago.

Well...this is a cheap sub-brand of Telus.

But what are you trying to do that you need into your self-serve?

krs

I waited 3 times and nothing. This is frustrating

Things at telus are just getting worse since I left 11 years ago.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@krs wrote:

I can't reset my account password. the system has me blocks. I can't use the "forgot password" link " forgot password " I get a message that says I have to contact you guys.

You might need to wait about an hour to let the block clear.

If that still doesn't work then you'll need to contact the @Moderator_Team < Click this.

Is there something you need to do? Because it could take a day or two to hear back from them.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@krs wrote:

@krs  You need to contact the moderator. 

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Note: Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am (Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm (Eastern).

* Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team *

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@krsIs your phone still workable? ie if you dial *611 does it gives you a voice menu to allow you to recharge etc?

Need Help? Let's chat.