cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can I temporarily suspend my account while I'm out of the country and then resume it when I return w

pedwards
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

8 REPLIES 8

techtoys

2 ways to do it,  pay to do the lowest amount to keep it active with auto pay to get the 2 dollars off or take it off autopay and suspend it but pay before the 90 days. Personally, I would use the auto-pay and pay the least amount so as not to lose any rewards

techtoys

At your next plan renewal date, you can defer payment and place the account in suspension for up to 90 days before making the next payment which will restore your account to active status. So restore payment when you get back and plan should continue
If more than 90 days have passed, your account and SIM card will be permanently deactivated. 

Chris1974
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

You could just change to the 15$ per month plan while you are out of country.

pedwards

60 days

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

So how long are you going to be away from Canada. Once we know that, we can provide a best way forward.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@pedwards 

Both replies above are valid.

The key here is how long will you be away. Once your plan is no longer active, you'll have up to 90 days to reactivate it again or you risk losing the account and phone number.

It also depends on whether you have any money in your Available Funds.

If you do, then even removing AutoPay, your plan will still renew if there is sufficient balance in your Available Funds to cover the plan renewal.

Reporting your phone lost/stolen. Your phone service stops immediately and the countdown on your 90 days begins.

You can also opt for a combination of the 2 options if you (or someone) will be able to access your self-serve while you are away.

Btw don't wait until 90 days to reactivate, you should always give yourself 10 days or more window in case of unforeseen issues.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

When you remove autopay (or forgo manual payment) and let the plan expire, you actually have up to 90 days after expiry before you must either reactivate the plan, or the account will be deleted and you'll lose the plan and phone number.  That is, the account, the plan, and the phone number are all lost at the same time, at 90 days. 

GR
Mayor / Maire

@pedwards yes  just log in ti your self serve account and click on the lost/stolen button and you can keep it there for up to 90 days!  After 90 days your account is closed and your number goes back in the pool of available numbers of whichever carrier you had first. 

Need Help? Let's chat.