cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

auto dialers

cowboydave
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

is there any way to block auto callers from  calling me.  our telus home phone has a thing where the caller has to follow 2 prompts in order for a call to get through to the phone. is there something like that available with public?

5 REPLIES 5

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@sunflowershine wrote:

@cowboydave Blocking those numbers could be temporary. They keep using different numbers to call afterward. I don't take those calls if I really don't know who they are. Besides, I go online and do a search of those numbers and do blocking after. 

Numbers could be fake and blocking can prevent legit call if by chance they copied someome else's number especially if a business.

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@cowboydave Blocking those numbers could be temporary. They keep using different numbers to call afterward. I don't take those calls if I really don't know who they are. Besides, I go online and do a search of those numbers and do blocking after. 

@cowboydave wrote:

is there any way to block auto callers from  calling me.  our telus home phone has a thing where the caller has to follow 2 prompts in order for a call to get through to the phone. is there something like that available with public?

There isn't any way to specifically block automatic dialers.  You can block calls from specific phone numbers, and as others said, you could use anti-spam software to prevent the calls from ringing.  Howver, that won't prevent them from leaving voice messages.  To prevent voice messages (while still allowing others to leave messages), you'd have to either answer the call and hang up or use third-party software to do that for you after 1 ring.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@cowboydave wrote:

@cowboydave  Unfortunately they do not. I know that Google on their phone offers a call screen feature and also check calls against their own Spam-caller database. Not sure what Apple offers. I'm also reading that some of the US providers are starting to screen for Spam calls internally so hopefully the Canadian providers also start doing it soon. Please be aware that when it comes to features like this PM will probably one of the last providers to implement.

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@cowboydave Public Mobile doesn't block incoming calls from the network end, but some phones do have this feature built into the software.  Look for a "call restrict" setting or download a "call blocking/blacklist" app for your smartphone.

Need Help? Let's chat.