cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

account created at mall kiosk, and I can't login to it!

Darkpaw
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So hi, new here.  I just got a SIM card at a mall kiosk, and they setup my basic ($15) plan for the first month.  Great.  I got home and see the welcome message in my email.  Also great.  Unfortunately, there's no password to login...and when I try to create an account with my phone number, it tells me that the account already exists.  So I click on the option for "forgot password" to reset it, and then it tells me that the email address isn't on file.

Is this just some kind of timing/delay problem?  Where they just created the account, so it will take a couple hours before I can login to it?  Otherwise, I seem to be in a catch-22 here, where I don't have a password to login to the account that supposedly exists, but I also can't reset the password on it, because it tells me that the email doesn't exist (even though I got the welcome message at the correct email).

Not off to a good start. 

6 REPLIES 6

After the mall trip don’t you have to create the account as in Pic?

3CCFCAC8-9DA8-4335-A8E3-32628624A00B.jpeg

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

@Darkpaw 

Store doesn't setup your selfserve

You have to do it yourself here

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/ 

You must use email you provided

Check carefully to line in your email header, if you use Gmail they may have put dot in the wrong place of your user name part of the address

No need to contact mods

Darkpaw

All they included was a 4-digit PIN, which I just used to verify my identity in an email with a moderator.  Sounds promising.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Darkpaw  Did the person at the kiosk include any documentation and maybe a password?  If not, as mentioned you need to submit a ticket for help.

Darkpaw

Thanks.  Will give that a shot.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Send a private message to a moderator.

You can send a private message a moderator. Here  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.