cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your account has been suspended! HAD AUTOPAY!

brutus99
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Why is this happening??   I have 3 accounts & the first one just got suspended!   My other 2 accounts all have the same autopay on same Visa due Feb. 13.    My original payment went through fine on my Visa & def. had autopay & now it's suspended???   Why???  

Where are my rewards now that I had there before???   So pissed Smiley MadSmiley Sad

16 REPLIES 16

daveonrock
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This is not a normal thing as some are saying.  THIS DOES NOT HAPPEN EVERY RENEWAL DAY!!!  This is a screwup in PublicMobile's autopay system.  I have 4 accounts with Public Moblie all with auto pay and I have had then (on autopay for a year now).  This happened to my daughter's phone today.  She was out town and needed a ride home..  Could not use her phone, her account was suspened cause it was not paid (even though we are on AutoPay)...  Long story short. to fix this, treat the affected account as if it is not on auto pay.  Go into your account online and manually make a payment and everything will be ok.  As for me, I will be looking for a new carrier.  Public Mobile service is crap...  My daugther was able to go into a store and use their phone, but I did not want to give her a phone plan that expires without notice when you have auto pay set up...  And trying to get a human to help you is impossible.  And my data service is horrible...  Better off with a different carrier even if it cost 5 to 10 bucks more...

brutus99

Thanks everyone, everything is working fine so far!    I guess for next time I will know better Smiley Very Happy , just weird that this is the "norm" lol 

@chanrwmYour billing cycle is today as well?  Or other issue..

chanrwm

I sent an email through to them and am waiting for a response. Will post once they get back to me and let me know what happened. 

@chanrwm wrote:

My account got suspended and I lost data for over 10 hours until I manually went to my account and paid the balance off using my stored autopay card. 

I am really hoping I don't get double charged here. 

This is when someone would go and contact a mod, to ask what happened 

chanrwm

My account got suspended and I lost data for over 10 hours until I manually went to my account and paid the balance off using my stored autopay card. 

I am really hoping I don't get double charged here. 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@brutus99  as stated this is "normal"  when you check your rewards it will have your renewal date there and that seems to be the correct one where the payment actually goes through.  The renewal date when you login and are on the overview page always seems to be the day earlier and that is why you get the message.  If this is your son's account I am sure he would have contacted you right away without a working phone.  I think my daughter is using her's every minute so if she had no service I would no instantly lol.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

RogerI
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Wow, this is normal! NO it's not. And we should not allow it to be acceptable!

Come on guys! And since it "happens to everyone" this should be easy to fix.

Or maybe PM think it's a feature?

Mystery
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
One of my two lines auto renewed on the 9th. After midnight, I logged on Self Serve and saw it was suspended. I had read so many posts on this issue, I waited until morning to check again. Sure enough, autopay kicked in.

Calling *611 also confirms your autopay will kick in at 2am Eastern Standard Time.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Well the heartattacks should become heart fluctuations when you consider the cost savings vs the traditional carriers. 🙂

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Public mobile really needs to fix this account problem.  They might receive a class action lawsuit from anxious customers receiving heart attacks, lol.  As always with this sort of thread, I will add my diatribe about not being curious and checking the account around payment time if auto pay has been set up.  Trust the system.  If the service stops, then by all means check into why and patiently private message a moderator for help.  Blowing an artery doesn't help the situation.

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire
Always have with you chock absorption, pharmaceutical drugs and....
Joking aside as mentioned you are fine as long as service is not interrupted.
No one checks their accounts unless you are doing for data checks and that's a about it 🙂 at least in my situation

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

You are fine.  So ready for another heart attack that is less severe after 90 days.

Ready ?

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@brutus99 On a renewal day, yes, it happens with everyone and it's just till the morning. Make sure today is his renewal day and check the status in the morning. If anything goes wrong with payment or renewal, you can message mod to solve any problems. 

Let us know. 

brutus99

Reall? Wow!      OMG I almost had a heart attack lol  

Thanks for the reply, I hope you're right!   It's my sons account so have to ask him if it's still working...

Is this how it will be every 3 months???  

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Is it your renewal day? If yes, this is normal for everyone on renewal day. Your account status will say Expired/Suspended. The payment and rewards will be applied sometimes over night and it will be back to normal in the morning. 

As long as you have the service on your phone, no need to worry. If any problems, you will need to contact mods and they will help you.

Need Help? Let's chat.