cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You have reached the limit for number of private messages that you can send for now.

slavitch
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Ok, I CANNOT RESPOND TO A MOD because of this stupid error.   Hey @CS_Agent fix this as my phone is broken and I cannot resolve this without contacting mods.

15 REPLIES 15

@David_J wrote:

OK - I'm going to flag it to Lithium as a bug. Thanks for your help.

David_J

Good idea!  I was hit by the bug replying to Steph this afternoon.  I waited about a minute and tried again and it worked. 

OK - I'm going to flag it to Lithium as a bug. Thanks for your help.

David_J

@David_J It's a bug. I've had it happen on first message of the day. Besides, there is no way I can compose 6 messages a minute! Robot wink

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Unless 6 per minute is something new, I think there's something else causing the error.  From my own experience, I find responding to a long thread that contains picture attachments can trigger the error.  No amount of waiting or logout/login cycles helps.  

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@David_J wrote:

@srlawren I'm happy to discuss raising it further, but not sure how ofter people are bumping into the limit. If it's everybody and happening everyday, then the limit should be raised. If it's once in a blue moon, then we should discuss further.

David_J

@David_J I haven't really been keeping track but I think some of the oracles have been responding to threads where people have been getting the message.  @NDesai @Luddite @will13am @imm1304 @ShawnC13 @Rockdaddy22 have you been seeing this frequently in the past couple of weeks?

On paper, 6 per minute sounds like it should be plenty and on paper I wouldn't suggest setting it higher.  This is what makes me wonder if maybe there is a bug that's causing the message to be hit even when sending far fewer messages.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@srlawren I'm happy to discuss raising it further, but not sure how ofter people are bumping into the limit. If it's everybody and happening everyday, then the limit should be raised. If it's once in a blue moon, then we should discuss further.

David_J

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Thanks for responding @David_J!  I was in contact with @Brooke_C about this a couple of weeks ago and I guess that's what lead the limit to be increased to 6.  6 does seem like it would be reasonable. I wonder if there is a bug that is causing the system to think the limit has been reached with fewer than 6 in a minute.  I'm pretty sure I've run into the error myself even after it was apparently increased to 6, and I'd sent far fewer than 6 during that minute.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

David_J
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hi @slavitch - what I believe you're exceeding is a maximum number of messages that can be sent in one minute (currently set to 6). To clarify, deleting messages won't help (other than taking up time before the limit resets). We set this limit to prevent large volumes of messages being sent spamming the Community.

We really are trying to strike a balance here between getting people the help they need, and making sure people don't get annoyed with cr*p clogging their inbox.

David_J

cc. @Brooke_C

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

@slavitchyou can delete messages instead of saving all of them

brent_liza
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Unfortunately this a waiting game since it’s a third party platform. Some people have gotten around it by clearing history and cookies. Other with incognito mode or different browser. They are working on the platforms but it does take time. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I find that this problem resolves itself with time.  Closing the browser and reopening it helps.  If the reply is to a thread with attachments, sometimes it's impossible to overcome the issue.  Starting new thread is the only way out.  Fixing known problems makes the most sense, but nobody has the time to wait forever.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@slavitch, it would be nice if this problem was resolved, as it does happen often.  However, the Community software platform is created by a third party (Lithium).  It is unlikely (although not impossible) that PM would make changes to the Community software themselves.

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Brilliant reply. No more suggestions from me. You're welcome. 

GC 

slavitch
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

How about they fix their software?

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Try logging out and then open a private browser window and try again. 

GC 

Need Help? Let's chat.