cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong email on file. How do I correct it?

Jico
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm stuck in an endless loop. My email is wrong. They send me a link to the wrong email so I can supposedly correct it. But the email address in my profile is wrong. The loop continues.

Is there a way to speak to a real person?

12 REPLIES 12

@BEER wrote:

Hey .. what gives? You must have used a good email in order to connect and post on this forum. 

A valid e-mail address is not required to log in to the Community site. While the sign up process does ask for one, you coudl really type in anything.  A valid e-mail address is required to verify it, but I believe that's only to be able to receive notification e-mail messages from the Community. I also belive that a member who has not verified the e-mail address can still post.

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hey .. what gives? You must have used a good email in order to connect and post on this forum. 

Jico

All good ideas. I'm not there yet but hopeful.

I should have noticed the email  typo when the store person set up the account. From there I just got stuck in endless loops. So far it has only been a few hours of frustration.   

I might have to travel 60 Km back to the store to get her to fix it if these online solutions don't work.

I'm on a desktop right now cause my data is maxed out too.  

@Jico  once you fix your self service account email login. You can change your community email to match if you have to. Click on your community avatar - my settin - email - change your email. - confirm - save. And then verify it. Stay safe.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Jico if the message is coming from @CS_Agent then you shouldn't worry. they are making sure no one is trying to commit fraud. 

usually moderators will provide you with a link to verify your account first

@Jico the moderators will respond to you via private message. And they will ask you questions to verify that you have the right to change the email address on your self service account.  When I did mine this weekend I was asked and answered the following questions. Stay safe. 

In order for me to proceed with the change, I might need you to provide me with the following details, we do this to protect your account, for privacy and security policies: 

• Date of Birth
  • Last four digits of a pre-registered credit card
  • Complete address
  • Last top-up amount and date & time
  • Email address

You should send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jico  Follow @gblackma  s suggestion, and get your community email changed first.  Then you can get your account email fixed. 

Jico

Ok One person wanted me to give all my info through a private message. Not sure that is a good idea.

Do you know if there are real people there who answer a telephonic device? 

When I signed up my email had a typo. So nothing works.   

Excuse me for thinking the system is somewhat inept. I received a message that said I was at my data limit - and it provided a link to correct it.  But duh - the link doesn't work cause I'm

at my limit.  I've been trying to correct my email address - so they send links to what we know is the wrong address - so I can respond and correct it. Duh.    I'm at wit's end.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jico wrote:

Best way is to cancel your account and start over.

No one here gives a crap.

@Jico  - You are way off target here...  There are a LOT of people around here that bend over backwards to try to help.  Then there are the moderators who do everything possible to have happy customers.  Yes, it is a fact that there is no live support.  That doesn't mean there is bad support.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Jico contact the moderators and ask them to change your self service account login email for you. I just did it on the weekend. There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

Jico

Best way is to cancel your account and start over.

No one here gives a crap.

Need Help? Let's chat.